Football General Talk

Geno Smith is carving out his future. Seahawks took to the air and ground, this game.
He has some mojo building.

Chiefs offense looking to chew up any defense thrown up against it......for now.

There was a couple of school-yard Mahomes specials last night. I might have cackled in glee once or twice.

The Tua thing is disturbing. Certainly I don't know that it wasn't a concussion last week but it sure as hell looked like one. Jason Hairston's death and more recently Marion Barber III passing and the associated coverage made me read a lot more about CTE and what a mess it is. God damn football is entertaining but the human cost in the form of CTE sure seems to be huge. Makes me feel guilty at times for contributing to it by being a fan.

I grew up near the Barbers and was a friend/teammate/classmate of his younger brother who also played in the NFL. Top notch guy and family and it seems like Marion just lost much of his mental faculties at such a young age..

I've known a small handful of guys who played in the NFL and they were piecing their bodies together every week between games. And the NFL has the audacity to seek another game in the season schedule. Seem like some greedy cunts to me.
This is very much where I’m at. I love football. I also watched a fellow WSU alum go through CTE and dying an untimely death as a result.

Yeah, the players are adults making decisions. But I’d be lying if I said I don’t have a huge moral confliction supporting it.

This is very much where I’m at. I love football. I also watched a fellow WSU alum go through CTE and dying an untimely death as a result.

Yeah, the players are adults making decisions. But I’d be lying if I said I don’t have a huge moral confliction supporting it.
I think the NFL's slide toward total paywall viewing will become insupportable for more 'fans' in the near future. I ruled out stadium venue a couple decades ago. Tua's deal is absolutely a black eye.

Turn off the TV. mtmuley

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back