Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Football General Talk

Let’s get to bigger issue of the nfl ‘caring’ about player safety. Tua has a ‘back’ injury last week after hitting his head on the turf. Then this happens tonight. Shoulda Tua even been on the field with this short of turnaround? I understand he came back in and they beat Buffalo. Legit questions to ask from a league that says they care about player safety and added another regular season game.

Legit questions to ask from a league that says they care about player safety and added another regular season game.
"He was later discharged from the hospital on Thursday and flew home with the team, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
Following the game, Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said Tagovailoa suffered a concussion and nothing "more serious."
Tagovailoa, who was ruled out of the game, was conscious throughout and had full movement in his extremities. He is in concussion protocol, per McDaniel."

"The NFL Players Association subsequently planned to investigate if proper concussion protocol was followed. The NFL on Wednesday confirmed a review was ongoing, but every indication was that proper protocol had been followed."

I believe the blue tent is managed by an NFL /players association neurological physician w/o any ties to the team or players. Pretty good setting for a human world of imperfect homosapiens. However, $$$ talks.

Last edited:
The Tua thing is disturbing. Certainly I don't know that it wasn't a concussion last week but it sure as hell looked like one. Jason Hairston's death and more recently Marion Barber III passing and the associated coverage made me read a lot more about CTE and what a mess it is. God damn football is entertaining but the human cost in the form of CTE sure seems to be huge. Makes me feel guilty at times for contributing to it by being a fan.

I grew up near the Barbers and was a friend/teammate/classmate of his younger brother who also played in the NFL. Top notch guy and family and it seems like Marion just lost much of his mental faculties at such a young age..

I've known a small handful of guys who played in the NFL and they were piecing their bodies together every week between games. And the NFL has the audacity to seek another game in the season schedule. Seem like some greedy cunts to me.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope that Tua never plays another snap. He is a top-drawer person, and can impact people around him just by who he is. Trading his brain for a game (and really, it is no longer a game, just entertainment for the pleasure of NFL management) is a losing trade. He can contribute far more to humankind by being a good husband and dad.

David
NM

The D1 schools in Kansas are a combined 9-1 and sitting at the top of the Big 12 currently.

KState should realistically be 5-0, with the Oklahoma win looking less impressive after the Sooners bad loss to TCU. KU has been gifted a couple of wins with bad kicking and sleep walking opponents.

I would predict that the Jayhawks will also appear as a ranked squad, just in time to see them return to a more familiar result in the coming games. If the Wildcats let Adrian Martinez continue to play to his strengths and not “Scott Frost” him for any errors, they could remain in contention to play in a Big 12 championship game.

The only thing NFL brass bends a knee to is pandering virtue audible ratio to ticket sales.

*no pun

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back