MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Fishing boats...

I bought a 10' 2 man Pelican that I mounted on a Jet Ski trailer with a 55 pound Trolling motor and it is just a neat little boat. I have caught some real fine bass in it in some pretty good sized lakes. John
picture.php

I promised Ken Jr we'd get a bass boat when the lakes filed back up. So far my drought buster psychological voodoo hasn't worked.

Self propelled for me. :D

I was surprised more people hadn't chimed in with a raft or a drift boat yet.

17' 6" Crestliner Sportfish with a Evinrude 150, and a 14' flat bottom for me, although I want to sell my flat bottom and get a 16' Lund classic.

2001 Ranger 620VS, She gets a LOT of use in the spring and summer. Multiple trips to SD each year. Older Rangers like this can be picked up pretty reasonable these days. If I was looking for a new one I would look at the 18-19' Angler series with a 150 Yamaha four stroke. Skeeter makes a heckuva nice rig these days as well. Couldn't fand any pics of the whole rig, but this is us getting ready to drop it into a creek in Canada. We had to motor through this creek for 1/2 mile, then get out and push it over a very shallow sand flat to get into the lake, but it was worth it and a fun experience for the kiddos :)

Attachments

• Kids Canada 2010 031.jpg
    Kids Canada 2010 031.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 214
  • Kids Canada 2010 030.jpg
    Kids Canada 2010 030.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 208
Andy, that is a question like what truck is the best. You might want to go to Bass Pro and just look and ask about each or go on you tube to see what and how they work. I have a HB 1199si that is real nice with side imaging and all the bells and whistles. It works really great when my Computer Guru son is with me! LOL I would go with something that lets you see Maps and that you can store waypoints. John

I like Hummingbird now as well. Have 1198Si and 998Si. LOVE the side imaging!! Rigging and setting up the transducer can be just a little tricky and takes some test runs but its worth it. Also the Si transducer doesn't work real well over about 25 mph, most of the time on my rig anyway. If you go with HB and Side imaging shoot me a PM and I can help you with a few tricks that I have picked up. HB and Lowrance are both good machines. HB service and tech support are tremendous, and if you run MinnKota trolling motor then the HB can be linked to the trolling motor. If you fish a public waterway most of the time, you can likely get a chip from Navionics or Lakemaster that will give you the contours of all of the lakes in a state or region. If you buy a HB you need Lakemaster chip and if you buy Lowrance you need Navionics chip (I believe). Happy Shopping and fishn!

Andy, that is a question like what truck is the best. You might want to go to Bass Pro and just look and ask about each or go on you tube to see what and how they work. I have a HB 1199si that is real nice with side imaging and all the bells and whistles. It works really great when my Computer Guru son is with me! LOL I would go with something that lets you see Maps and that you can store waypoints. John

I hear that John! Just trying to get a take on a decent one that I dont need a bachelors degree to operate.

The two best days of boat ownership...the day you buy it and the day you sell it ! Now if I were to get a new one, it would be a 16 or 17 foot deep V with a 40 or 50 on it. I like this nice little boat too...

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Back