First Mount

ttinman23

Having a whitetail mounted for my father. First time ever mounting one. Got a price of $385.00, in Ohio. Just wondering if this is reasonable.

Getting a bad mount done really sucks, it's one thing I'd never shop for by price.. Look at work from every taxidermist in your area and pick who's work you like most.

Getting a bad mount done really sucks, it's one thing I'd never shop for by price.. Look at work from every taxidermist in your area and pick who's work you like most.

X2 on that one...i've seen some horrible taxidermy that was gotten at a bargain. Nothing worse than a deer that looks all derpy or looks like it is smiling

Around here thats about right. . .anywhere from $325-$400. Like the others have said, check some of the taxis mounts before you commit. good luck.

I will have to echo these sentiments as well. I would check them out closely, I can't tell you how many stories I have heard of a Taxidermist closing up shop unexpectantly and guys trophies disappearing.

Last edited:
The one I just brought in is $580ish. This guy is comparable with the taxidermist I have used in the past. I would be suspicious if I saw that price around here. Like others have said, check out their work before picking.

500 here at three taxis I checked recently for grandson's buck.
Can't wait to see him with his mount!

As others have said, go see the taxi's work. As the taxi for some of his clients and call them and see if they are satisfied.

http://www.taxidermy.net/

Browse here and see if there is anything about the taxi. A good taxi has no issue giving references.

I'd say that is about right if its just a shoulder mount and no back board and stuff. Make sure you check out some of the work first though at the shop.

From my experiences In living in Ohio $385 is on the low end, which will get you low end quality. Ditto on all the other guys comments you've read.

Prices should be about the last thing you are concerned with. You should be checking out the quality of work of taxidermists in your area. Once you find one that mounts a great looking deer, then worry about the cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djulson
Back