First Hunt, First Bucks.

AZ402

My youngest sister and my 14 year old niece, expressed interest in hunting this season. I applied them for elk and pronghorn, no luck. I applied them in the deer and sheep draw as well. They got hit for tags in one of my favorite areas for deer in AZ. The shooting practice began right away and often.

As the hunt neared they were more and more confident in their shooting abilities. The goal for their first bucks were anything but a spike.

Opening day started and we had bucks in the glass as soon as grey light broke. Those bucks got out of range pretty quick and it was on to the next ridge. The next ridge produced another buck right away. My sister was able to find it in the scope at 225yds. The shot was perfect, and the buck took one bound and dropped.

Holly with her first big game animal.

Holly with her son Armando and daughter Justyce.

Next up was Justyce, she was really wanting a buck bad after watching her mom drop her deer. That same evening we were on deer quickly again. This time we had to work a little bit harder. We bumped some good bucks then her buck popped out on the ridge across from us. 330yd shot and the buck fell over like those yellow ducks in the shooting gallery.

Justyce and her mom with her first big game animal.

It was a super cool experience for all of us. I'm pretty sure they are hooked.

Last edited:
Fantastic! Deer hunting is not the easiest introduction to hunting since often the success rate is lower than say rabbit or pronghorn hunting. Good job on the planning and guiding.

Great to see more ladies getting out there and enjoying it. Well done gang!

Well done!!! Congrats to the two ladies. I hope this is just the first of many for each of them.

What a way to start and such nice long shots for newbies. Thanks for teaching them to do this and getting them out there.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back