First hand Covid symptoms

I think it's good reading all side of the covid vaccination such as @Carnage2011 's experience and Otto's. It presents the whole picture vs whitewashing reality.
I think it becomes a problem in threads of this nature when another has a holier-than-thou mentality to demean and mock for sake of their thumbs up minions to pat s/he on the back for their comment(s).

While I may disagree, heh, God Bless America. May she continue to be the land of the free. ;)

I got covid-19 back in Feb of 2020. (still called the Wuhan virus then) Loss of smell, taste, and super tired too. It was bad, sick as a dog for like 4 days before starting to recover (tests were not available yet, and we did not know the symptoms)

Fast forward to Dec 2020, I get the new variant when I traveled to Brazil. Tested positive.
Symptoms: slight cough in the evening and tired, no loss of smell or taste.

Got fully vaccinated a few weeks ago- second shot was tough with the muscle aches, but nothing horrible.

But the owner of the archery shop in Indiana where I used to shoot league passed away last week- long battle with Covid. He was a great guy, incredibly passionate about everything he did. Definitely gonna miss him, as will pretty much everyone that was fortunate enough to have met him.

Last edited:
They are saying people are still vulnerable to infection 4 to 6 weeks after vaccination. There's also talk now of possibility of a third shot next summer. I am also pretty much immune to flu and only ever got the shot once during the swine flu gig. I took my autistic son in for his shot. Made it easier if he saw dad man up first. I got my J&J shot in Minneapolis two weeks ago Tuesday (same day my obligatory quarantine ends for driving across the border). I made every effort to get vaxed ASAP as that is what is advised for bringing this pandemic under control. I am not special. Even though I could likely skate by without it, I see getting vaxed as setting a good example for my grandson who is normally here everyday for online classes. He will always remember only being able to wave to me through the window ... and the reason why. Not because Papa was sick but because he wanted to keep Parker healthy. It's the courageous thing to do ... not to mention considerate. Yes, I'm afraid ... of people thinking I'm an asshole who doesn't care about others. Here, have a mask. I've got extras.

Pfizer #2 Saturday morning. Spent all Saturday shoveling dirt with mild arm soreness.

Then at 3 a.m Sunday the cat woke me up and alerted me of my splitting headache and fever. The aching and fatigue was mild but the headache was pretty miserable for the rest of the day.

Back to as normal as I get today.

Pfizer #2 Saturday morning. Spent all Saturday shoveling dirt with mild arm soreness.

Then at 3 a.m Sunday the cat woke me up and alerted me of my splitting headache and fever. The aching and fatigue was mild but the headache was pretty miserable for the rest of the day.

Back to as normal as I get today.
Damn cats! 😆

Last Friday our youngest daughter was told she was positive for COVID. Says she lost her sense of smell but can still taste things. Gets tired very quickly. She had FINALLY made an appointment to get her shot but got caught up in it before she could get it.

Last Friday our youngest daughter was told she was positive for COVID. Says she lost her sense of smell but can still taste things. Gets tired very quickly. She had FINALLY made an appointment to get her shot but got caught up in it before she could get it.
That’s awful. Hopefully she has a speedy and full recovery

A retired co-worker and his wife happily relocated to Oklahoma and bought a very nice house. He and I have been in touch since, frequently sharing thoughts over forges, etc.

His wife owned an Asian restaurant and had been an extremely devoted owner. Great food! Sold as they moved onto enjoying the fruits of their hard work.

They called it time to retire about a year - year and a half(?) ago.

His last conversation with me was how comfortably happy the two were enjoying the simple side of retired employment @ Bass Pro Shop. He, in the fishing dept and her in the restaurant.

He's a life long Marine all the way, proud, God fearing American, true and through. One who had his Marine's flag along with the great Red, White, and Blue.

They caught covid and both admitted to the hospital a week ago.

His wife passed away two days ago.

Love life. Make the most of life. Embrace those who mean the world to you. Say,, "I love you". Don't put off today that you'd regret not doing for tomorrow we may...

This is the first real hammer to strike real reality. Sure I know of this or that person in one way or another though these two meant the world to each other. I valued his sage skills within our employ and her kind and entrepreneur solid drive of restaurant success I admired greatly.

Sometimes it's good to get thoughts out there. I appreciate this thread.

A retired co-worker and his wife happily relocated to Oklahoma and bought a very nice house. He and I have been in touch since, frequently sharing thoughts over forges, etc.

His wife owned an Asian restaurant and had been an extremely devoted owner. Great food! Sold as they moved onto enjoying the fruits of their hard work.

His last conversation with me was how comfortably happy the two were enjoying the simple side of retired employment @ Bass Pro Shop. He, in the fishing dept and her in the restaurant.

He's a life long Marine all the way, proud, God fearing American, true and through. One who had his Marine's flag along with the great Red, White, and Blue.

Love life. Make the most of life. Embrace those who mean the world to you. Say,, "I love you". Don't put off today that you'd regret not doing for tomorrow we may...

This is the first real hammer to strike real reality. Sure I know of this or that person in one way or another though these two meant the world to each other. I valued his sage skills within our employ and her kind and entrepreneur solid drive of restaurant success I admired greatly.

Hate to hear that. Had they been vaccinated?

I don't know. I emailed him and didn't get into that portion. Just that I had no words other than I am there for him and would be there as soon as a flight could be reserved to assist with house, anything. I would pray and keep him in my thoughts

Edit to add: Apparently it's pretty rampant and asked me not to come out as they've had to send patients to other hospitals, etc.

He's been through hell in 'Nam... though I'm sure this is tough as...

Well, your question, never asked. :( Maybe sometime later it might come up.

Last edited:
I don't know. I emailed him and didn't get into that portion. Just that I had no words other than I am there for him and would be there as soon as a flight could be reserved to assist with house, anything. I would pray and keep him in my thoughts

Edit to add: Apparently it's pretty rampant and asked me not to come out as they've had to send patients to other hospitals, etc.

He's been through hell in 'Nam... though I'm sure this is tough as...

Well, your question, never asked. :( Maybe sometime later it might come up.
Very sorry. That's a tough one. I think we can safely assume they were not vaccinated. Better to not ask. That would be rubbing salt in the wound ... very painfully. He may choose to talk about it at some point. Best to just be there for your friend ... emotionally if not physically. Hang in there.

Met a fella I mentored goose hunting at the hospital parking lot about a month ago. He's a nice guy but not terribly bright. A born again Christian who's fallen under the spell of some shouter cult. He boasted about not being vaxed because it's all a conspiracy, doesn't work, COVID won't make you sick, blah, blah, blah. I'm afraid I really unloaded on him. There I was desperately trying to get surgery but hospital was still locked down, only taking emergencies, because infection numbers wouldn't come down ... because idiots don't care enough about their neighbors to get vaxed. This guy gets all bent out of shape about unborn babies' right to life but not a thought about his wife's or kids' or neighbor's right to live. Yeah, I unloaded and it was a hot round. Probably won't hear from him again. Another casualty of COVID.

Very sorry. That's a tough one. I think we can safely assume they were not vaccinated. Better to not ask. That would be rubbing salt in the wound ... very painfully. He may choose to talk about it at some point. Best to just be there for your friend ... emotionally if not physically. Hang in there.

Met a fella I mentored goose hunting at the hospital parking lot about a month ago. He's a nice guy but not terribly bright. A born again Christian who's fallen under the spell of some shouter cult. He boasted about not being vaxed because it's all a conspiracy, doesn't work, COVID won't make you sick, blah, blah, blah. I'm afraid I really unloaded on him. There I was desperately trying to get surgery but hospital was still locked down, only taking emergencies, because infection numbers wouldn't come down ... because idiots don't care enough about their neighbors to get vaxed. This guy gets all bent out of shape about unborn babies' right to life but not a thought about his wife's or kids' or neighbor's right to live. Yeah, I unloaded and it was a hot round. Probably won't hear from him again. Another casualty of COVID.
The way I sell friends on getting vaccinated when they toss the conspiracy theory bit is to play into it, I agree it is a conspiracy but that they have it wrong. It is a conspiracy to say it was naturally occurring. It was manmade is a lab to show how a common cold virus could be manipulated into a killer virus, just like the last time Coronavirus was, with SARS.

I have had a couple of friends think that one through and decide yup, probably the case and then go get vaccinated.

People with the conspiracy mindset are usually a little paranoid so you just have to refocus their paranoia.

The way I sell friends on getting vaccinated when they toss the conspiracy theory bit is to play into it, I agree it is a conspiracy but that they have it wrong. It is a conspiracy to say it was naturally occurring. It was manmade is a lab to show how a common cold virus could be manipulated into a killer virus, just like the last time Coronavirus was, with SARS.

I have had a couple of friends think that one through and decide yup, probably the case and then go get vaccinated.

People with the conspiracy mindset are usually a little paranoid so you just have to refocus their paranoia.
I like that angle, "yup, the Chinese manufactured it to kill 'mericans and therefore it is your patriotic duty to get vaccinated and prove to those commies they can’t mess with us." Or "ya know the Chinses released this to block Trump election - the elderly voted at a high percentage for Trump - we need to keep every one of them we can alive until the election of '24 - every vote counts, get vaccinated"

Last edited:
I like that angle, "yup, the Chinese manufactured it to kill 'mericans and therefore it is your patriotic duty to get vaccinated and prove to those commies they can mess with us." Or "ya know the Chinses released this to block Trump election - the elderly voted at a high percentage for Trump - we need to keep every one of them we can alive until the election of '24 - every vote counts, get vaccinated"
Yeah, that otta work. Too bad someone didn't run that idea by Trump. He's smart enough to buy into it. Heck, he was half way there already.

Sorry Sytes. That’s awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back