First hand Covid symptoms

I’ve heard so many different efficacy numbers from acronym’d experts that I’m dizzy Jason. We’ve gone back to guarded protocol but the all clear habits die hard.

Certainly. This article even references conflicting data from the UK. Hard to parse everything out, with variables of how long between shots and time since 2nd shot. My point wasn’t so much exact numbers, rather a counter to the misinformation and false contexts that continually arise.

We’ve always stayed pretty guarded, will be even more so now.

My wife and I just tested positive. I’ve had what I thought was a summer cold (scratchy throat, runny nose, congestion). My wife thought hers was the flu (headache, congestion, extreme tiredness). A week in and it is still kicking her ass. Three sister-in-laws, nephew, and wife’s uncle also have it. My kids getting tested today. Everyone had been vaccinated (Pfizer, J&J, and Moderna). This Delta variant is troubling. Hopefully the vaccines are lessening the symptoms and keeping folks out of the hospitals, but still discouraging. We’ve collectively got to get on top of this thing so it doesn’t keep mutating and undercutting our previous and current efforts.
Man, I miss the days of simple human decency when someone could read this post and just say that sucks @blueridge. Hope everyone comes through ok and people are back on their feet quickly.

@Glockster, since you must have missed it

There’s this…
I don’t have time to read the whole article right now, but if they make a nasal spray sign me up.
heck, I could do that everyday.
They used to make a nasal flu vaccine.
I have no problem taking that if they want me to.
I know I sound like a brat and I just need to man up but those needles f with me man. 🤷‍♂️
it’s not political to me.

I don’t have time to read the whole article right now, but if they make a nasal spray sign me up.
heck, I could do that everyday.
They used to make a nasal flu vaccine.
I have no problem taking that if they want me to.
I know I sound like a brat and I just need to man up but those needles f with me man. 🤷‍♂️
it’s not political to me.

I hate needles with a passion. The needles they used on me for the Pfizer we're almost unnoticeable.

I hate needles with a passion. The needles they used on me for the Pfizer we're almost unnoticeable.
I didn’t think the first Pfizer shot I got hurt either.
then my vision started to restrict.
then I woke up in the back of an ambulance.
Different strokes for different folks.
for some people it’s a bigger issue than just walking in and walking out.
idk maybe I should go talk to a therapist or a hypnotist or something about it.
I know the thought of annual boosters freaks me the F out.

I didn’t think the first Pfizer shot I got hurt either.
then my vision started to restrict.
then I woke up in the back of an ambulance.
Different strokes for different folks.
for some people it’s a bigger issue than just walking in and walking out.
idk maybe I should go talk to a therapist or a hypnotist or something about it.
I know the thought of annual boosters freaks me the F out.

Didn't see you already had one. I've woken up on the doctor's office floor before. Sucks.

The vaccine needle is hardly noticeable. I treat needles the same as the kick from a rifle at the range. I know it’s going to hurt, but not that bad. It’s a mind game. Now when I give blood I watch them stick in the needle.

That said, I nearly fainted when they gave my wife a shot of painkiller in the spine when she was giving birth.

(edit, I’m not discounting the fact that some people have bad reactions.).

I've been doing internet "social media" for nearly thirty years and I've never seen anything as shameful as glockster mocking people about Covid. People's lives are being destroyed by this damn disease.
Agree. @Glockster, if you want to make political hay with a family dealing with COVID, you can pack your keyboard and leave. I get off a plane and find a bunch of moderation requests with your dumbass comment, so I don't suspect I am the only one who finds it stupid AF.

If you were somehow using sarcasm, most here evidently missed your attempt.

@blueridge, sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it works out and all ends up well.

Last October my best friend (in another state) who didn't have any other medical problems got covid and died. His wife who has had many other medical problems also got it and came through OK.

About the same time I got sick with something and the doctors did a bunch of tests, including for covid which tested negative. They gave me an antibiotic and a few days later I was fine. However, they also gave me a blood test that showed a high PSA count that was later confirmed to be Prostate cancer.

In April, before they started the cancer radiation treatments they had me take another covid test that also came back negative.

During the Christmas-New years holidays, I had been staying with my girlfriend. On New years day she felt sick, went to her doctor, and tested positive for covid. She came through OK but still does not have her sense of smell or taste.

Two weeks ago at the end of my radiation treatments they did another blood test which showed my PSA count at almost zero, but it also showed that I have the covid antibodies. I have not had a covid shot, so to have the antibodies, I must have had covid and not known it.

Forgive me if I’m off here, but do those most recent PSA counts mean that your prostate cancer is in remission? If so that’s awesome man!

Well I’ve lost all taste and smell. Very mild sinus symptoms the last 2 days. Bad headache yesterday that I figured was from sinus pressure. Felt fine today but noticed food was bland at dinner. My blood orange beer taste more like water. Sprayed my wife’s perfume and can’t smell it at all. Very strange cause one side of my nose is completely open. 99.1 fever first time I checked but 98.3 now?? Getting rapid test in the morning. Thoughts from those that have had it or been around people that have. Thanks a bunch.
I had it in early March. I had a killer headache for 4 days and moderate fever 102. Slept for 3 days straight and then I noticed all sense of smell was completely gone. Stuck my nose in the smelliest cologne and I literally couldn’t smell it at all. Took about 1-1/2 weeks for smell/taste to return. All in all I have had much worse bouts with the flu.

I have been sick for very short periods of time (<24 hr) with the same symptoms, three times since Covid started. Weak, tired, sore joints, sweating then shivering.
I took aPCR test two of the three times, and both were negative.
A couple months ago I took an antibody test: positive.

Agree. @Glockster, if you want to make political hay with a family dealing with COVID, you can pack your keyboard and leave. I get off a plane and find a bunch of moderation requests with your dumbass comment, so I don't suspect I am the only one who finds it stupid AF.

If you were somehow using sarcasm, most here evidently missed your attempt.

@blueridge, sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it works out and all ends up well.
Using a lot of hard language old man.
Don’t get to round up you’re gonna blow out your liver. Continue on with your shit forum and your group of dick riders

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back