MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

First hand Covid symptoms

Got off the phone an hour ago with my wife’s doc, trying to get her some support. Doc said they had NO positive tests at their practice May and June. July is now surging. We had a chance. Enough vaccines for everyone and only Russia has more non-vac folks. Cases were plummeting, felt like things were normalizing, now 51k/day. The only thing scarier than this Delta variant are the future ones that are likely coming, ones for which the vaccines we invested so much in potentially won’t be as effective. Just feels like such a missed opportunity. Masking back up.
How are your wife and other family members doing?

I am overall asymptomatic. My wife and two sister-in-laws are unfortunately taking a serious beating. Day 9 of symptoms: fever, extreme exhaustion, headache, sinus and chest congestion, alternating sweats and chills, loss of taste and smell. Her doctor last night said to give it one more day, continuing to treat with otc medications (tylenol, ibuprofen, musinex, flonase), and if it's not noticeably on the way out by Day 10 to come in for some additional measures to prevent secondary infections.

Thanks for asking, @RobertD , and everyone else for the well-wishes.

Well hey, we can't just continue on being scared to live our lives. It's been ridiculous. You simply can't shut down the country and not expect to have negative repercussions to the economy. And wearing masks, the dumbest thing ever. So glad that's over.
Mask wearing seems far from over. Too many people who are physically fine to get the shot lack the courage to just get a darn shot already. Be courageous not obstinate.

Mask wearing seems far from over. Too many people who are physically fine to get the shot lack the courage to just get a darn shot already. Be courageous not obstinate.

I don't consider it a lack of courage. I'm not getting the vaccine, my wife's not getting it. And many other people I know. I've never had the flu shot either.

I don't consider it a lack of courage. I'm not getting the vaccine, my wife's not getting it. And many other people I know. I've never had the flu shot either.
Just lack of consideration for others.

America became great because neighbors looked out for each other. Funny how "making America great again" is so actively making it less great.

Last edited:
I guess I don't see the need for societal pressure to get everyone vaccinated. Health care is a very personal issue, including things we do every day that increases our own likelihood of death. Do you pressure people to stop smoking? Stop drinking? When was the last time you asked someone if they're correctly using a condom? Our health should be in our control.

If people don't want to get vaccinated then fine. And if they die of Covid, fine. I'm certainly not going to feel bad for them or their families at this point. Honestly, it might help the hunting pressure situation...

The one exception is that according to a couple of doctor friends here in town they're losing nurses like crazy because they can't handle the stress of seeing so much unnecessary death.

In medical school there is a term called “expert syndrome” where some students think that after learning one unit of e.g., orthopedics, cardiology, etc. that they are experts on it. These people then go around dispensing advice to themselves or others or family members, when they really have no ability to do that after only a few lectures on the topic.

Ditto with COVID…

It’s amazing to see people who think that after reading a little bit online, or seeing a TV program, that they know more than the infectious disease experts. The reality is that they don’t and can’t weigh in on the topic at all really. This is where “freedom” gets people into trouble. I am for mandatory helmet and seatbelt laws because people are frankly too stupid to know and wear helmets or seatbelts on their own.

And same with vaccine laws.

Fauci is absolutely correct when he said recently that had there been years ago this ridiculous know it all attitude we would have NEVER gotten rid of polio here in America. Thankfully we didn’t have internet or much TV back then and everyone simply lined up like sheep and got the damn polio vaccine and as a result we got rid of polio and a bunch of other horrible diseases with vaccines.
But now a days, people are know it all’s and we are stuck with a bunch of people not getting vaccines, unlike decades ago where there was none of this antivaxx idiocy and the result is that we are having a resurgence of COVID and suffering more needless deaths because of it.

No surprise that the virus will mutate and no surprise that vaccinated folks will more and more start to get it too. The same thing would have happened with polio if everyone didn’t get the vaccine.

So in short, this isn’t an individual choice, since the choice you make not to get vaccinated can lead to more infections, more variants and more needless death.
everyone should just stop whining already and man up and do your duty and get the damn vaccine already.

Maybe my post is out of line, but this is too important not to lay it out the way it really is. Shit, lives depend on people getting vaccinated and maybe your inaction can lead to the death of one of my loved ones. I can’t just sit idly by and let that happen.

America became great because neighbors looked out for each other. Funny how "making America great again" is so actively making it less great.

Not that either. I'm healthier right now at the age of 53 than I've been in several years. And most of those years I didn't even realize I wasn't healthy. But at the beginning of this year I changed my diet and began lifting weights. I'm down 55 pounds, and I never even considered myself to be overweight at any point in my life. I went from a 36 inch waist to 31. I feel great. I sleep better, I have more consistent energy, the hills feel less steep.

This is what people should be doing instead of relying on a vaccine, that hasn't even been approved by the FDA. Stop eating sugar and refined carbohydrates. Lose weight. Reverse your insulin resistance or diabetes. Lower your blood pressure. These are the things that matter. Yet you don't hear anything from the government about this. It's all about a vaccine. Which a healthy person doesn't even need.

Not that either. I'm healthier right now at the age of 53 than I've been in several years. And most of those years I didn't even realize I wasn't healthy. But at the beginning of this year I changed my diet and began lifting weights. I'm down 60 pounds, and I never even considered myself to be overweight at any point in my life. I went from a 36 inch waist to 31. I feel great. I sleep better, I have more consistent energy, the hills feel less steep.

This is what people should be doing instead of relying on a vaccine, that hasn't even been approved by the FDA. Stop eating sugar and refined carbohydrates. Lose weight. Reverse your insulin resistance or diabetes. Lower your blood pressure. These are the things that matter. Yet you don't hear anything from the government about this. It's all about a vaccine. Which a healthy person doesn't even need.
Where is your MD/PHD in virology and immunology from?
Folks, please just listen to your physician, not deadly antivaxx advice like this.
Diet and exercise are great, but do nothing to save you from a virus. Take it from someone who lost a healthy 35 year old colleague to this shit virus.

While I think everyone should go out and get the vaccine, let's all be careful not to turn this thread into another example of what we were warned about by Randy and Matthew a few days ago...
Yes. This threads been open for a long time now with great info. Really don’t want it locked.

Folks, please just listen to your physician, not deadly antivaxx advice like this.
Diet and exercise are great, but do nothing to save you from a virus. Take it from someone who lost a healthy 35 year old colleague to this shit virus.

You're wrong. Being healthy metabolically WILL save you from the virus. It's all about having a strong immune system. Why would I listen to doctors who have given the wrong advice my whole life? Same with the government. They're giving all of us the wrong nutritional advice and due to that many people are very unhealthy. Don't trust doctors and don't trust the government.

I don't want it locked either. The topic presented by the original post is "first hand COVID symptoms," not Facebook immunology lessons or personal politics.

Please keep it on track or it will be locked - First hand COVID symptoms.
Thank you. I had to go back and reread the “why we can’t have nice things thread” several times as I fought the urge to type what I really wanted to say.

Dude anyone with a degree would agree with this man?! Vaccines are supposed to undergo extensive testing for many years before being shoved into our minds and bodies- the vaccine propaganda is out of hand, and the people pushing it on everyone is beyond unconstitutional and inhumane. EVEN IF IT WORKS, it HASNT been tested properly and NOBODY should be telling ANYBODY information on a vaccine that hasn’t been around more than 36 months!? Quit looking down your nose at people- if you agree with the vaccine cool good for you. Do what you think is right for YOUR FAMILY.. EVERYONE else’s family is for them to govern….

Taking all the steps this man took to feel healthy would be ANY PHYSICIANS first steps to long term health.. the vaccine is good for one thing only. The transformation this person made greatly reduced his chances of adverse effects from the virus.

We’re allowed to disagree. Just not throat punch each other… we’re encouraged to have thoughtful and articulate arguments highlighting major concerns.. I don’t hate anyone for their voting status or vaccine status, nor would I directly attack them. This conversations just heating up. To add to the post- nobody I know has had any effects worse than the flu. Keep in mind the flu still kills people it ain’t just corona… Also nobody I know has had the flu in 2 years- just COVID. What a coincidence….

Back