Yeti GOBOX Collection

First hand Covid symptoms

22 months and running, I have had None. No vaccine either. Rarely donned a mask. And I'm in the High risk category, over 60.

That said, I drank from water hoses, didn't get an anti-bacterial every time I got a Boo-Boo (it was Iodine, if it was bad), had clay & mud ball fights, shared a sandwich/soda with my BF/GF, wiped my kids snotty nose with my bare fingers, and went bare foot most of the summer.

The last time I was 'sick' was 14 yrs ago. It's called natural immunity.

Red bull, Monster, whatever rot-gut energy drink one prefers mixed with anything is :sick: ...
But Jaeger and rot-gut... holy horse chit, Batman! @Gunner46 that just might clean a body of Covid, maybe even cancer!

Not sure if that's little black dress or
little blue drug?
j03huwvi84021.jpg

22 months and running, I have had None. No vaccine either. Rarely donned a mask. And I'm in the High risk category, over 60.

That said, I drank from water hoses, didn't get an anti-bacterial every time I got a Boo-Boo (it was Iodine, if it was bad), had clay & mud ball fights, shared a sandwich/soda with my BF/GF, wiped my kids snotty nose with my bare fingers, and went bare foot most of the summer.

The last time I was 'sick' was 14 yrs ago. It's called natural immunity.
No offense but the world is loaded with stories from the Covid era about people that thought like you than got Covid and ate crap. You may have natural immunity in fact I hope you do but it’s not cause you ate dirt and had poor hygiene. Believe it or not their is some science associated with all this Covid bs and the recommended practices. Good luck. Hope things work out for you.

I got my booster last month at Great Falls VA clinic. No reaction at all. Again. In this province masks have been required since two years ago this February. And everyone complies. Everyone. Restaurants still open but to sit down requires proof of vaccination and registering. Most people take out or call in for delivery. Airlines are dumping flights by the hundreds. Employees too sick to work. Hospitals filled to capacity and every day we're breaking records for infections. Montana is a bomb waiting to explode. The attitude of folks there was alarming. Fools is right!
We were never this way. At least I thought so. Now we have been overtaken with new strains of dumb ass.

Not to derail but had a cousin and a brother in law in the last year come down with covid pretty bad. Not hospitalized but close. They both got an antibody treatment/injection. Neither were vaccinated but they were both feeling 90% within 36 hours and completely normal in 48 to 72 hours. There the only two people I've heard about getting it. Cousin said that it's like a 90% recovery rate that's what the Dr. told him. Anybody have any experience with this?

I tested positive on the 24th, tested positive still on the 2nd. Only one day was really bad, but I’ve had a lingering cough and I’m sleeping 10+ hours every night. Getting pretty sick of this but seems I’m getting off fairly easy compared to some. I was fully vaccinated but I was right around 8 month mark so the protection was in the waning stages.

Not to derail but had a cousin and a brother in law in the last year come down with covid pretty bad. Not hospitalized but close. They both got an antibody treatment/injection. Neither were vaccinated but they were both feeling 90% within 36 hours and completely normal in 48 to 72 hours. There the only two people I've heard about getting it. Cousin said that it's like a 90% recovery rate that's what the Dr. told him. Anybody have any experience with this?
From a local news story tonight (note the part I bolded).
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo (KREX) — Unvaccinated Americans are feeling the latest wave of the pandemic the most.

Hospitalizations, severe illness, and deaths are on the rise, including right here on the Western Slope.

Stefany Busch, with Mesa County Public Health, says, “when we currently look at our currently hospitalized Mesa County residents, about 93% of those individuals are unvaccinated and that number really speaks of the efficacy of the vaccines we do have on hand in reducing severe illness due to COVID-19 which is the main goal.”

While the goal is to defeat this pandemic, new variants such as Omicron have emerged, causing a much bigger problem.

Busch also says, “the end of December and now the beginning of January, we are seeing our cases start to spike again, but we do know our illness rates continue to go up and down and that we’re definitely not out of the woods yet especially with new variants.”

Some of the options to fight COVID-19 include the most important, vaccination, or an alternative method the monoclonal antibody treatment.

Roughly 500 people in Mesa County have used the new treatment but will no longer be available in Fruita.

Organizers say they were recently informed that Regen-Cov the medicine used in the monoclonal antibody treatment is less effective against the omicron variant.

County officials say the Fruita clinic is also closing for another reason.

Busch added, “the clinic is being supplied in part by a federal contract between CDPHE and the federal government and that contract was set to last one month.”

Well, that one month has expired and the doors are closed.

A friend of mine received the monoclonal antibody treatment recently too. He was vaccinated but ended up at the ER. Treatment worked very well for him.

You would think it would be more widely available or maybe at least hear about it more?
It has been widely used and depending on where your news is sourced its effectiveness is well documented. It was part of the treatment that Joe Rogan used when he contacted C19. However, most media only wanted to talk about the "horse de-wormer" that he took. Several other high profile cases have used it for treatment but many media outlets seem to want to ignore that and focus on vaccination status solely. The article @Oak referenced is correct that it appears to be less effective on the omicron variant. However, Omicron appears to be mild cold like symptoms for the overwhelming majority of folks that get sick. Do some research on Florida and what they are doing to make Monoclonal antibody treatments more available to patients given the pushback they are getting from the Federal Government.

I got my booster on the 2nd, which I'm now at 1 Pfizer and 2 Moderna. If I get the J&J shot do I get a prize or something? lol. When I got the Moderna shots they hit me like a tonne of bricks for 24 hours but then I was fine.

They offer it here off and on but due to the political controversy around monoclonal antibodies it’s inconsistent.
It’s becoming very common down here that when people that call themselves doctors continue to pretend that there’s nothing they can do to help, that people are taking their family members to Algodones, MX for monoclonal antibodies, ivermectin or HCQ, or whatever else the doctors there give. Apparently they have a treatment regimen dialed in down there. I know of a handful of people, including two that were not doing well at all that did this and returned to the states a few days later almost back to normal.

There’s not even an argument to be had anymore about whether or not there are viable early treatments, but there are those that are so wrapped up in politics that they are willing to let people die to pretend that there isn’t. A doctor that sends a sick person home with nothing and tells them to come back when they need a ventilator shouldn’t have a license.

You can only get them within the first 9 days of infection and before hospitalization, ie there is a protocol for who gets them and who doesn’t.

If you’ve been hospitalized there are other therapeutics you may be given like remdesivir.

Ivermectin, is also prescribed though the protocol is only for patients from areas with high levels of parasites.

Back