Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

First hand Covid symptoms

Monoclonal antibody treatments are about $2000 per infusion and many hospitals don't have the supply to give them out willy nilly.
We have spared no expense for the last two years to combat this financially or otherwise why put a price tag on it now?

We have spared no expense for the last two years to combat this financially or otherwise why put a price tag on it now?
That's fair. It just seems reasonable to expect a hospital to have a greater store of vaccines at $20/pop. Here's the Regeneron EUA fact sheet: https://www.regeneron.com/downloads/treatment-covid19-eua-fact-sheet-for-hcp.pdf

It is not approved for patients that are hospitalized or require oxygen therapy. I would guess most people test positive somewhere other than a hospital and only speak to a MD when symptoms get serious enough to no longer meet those criteria. We can talk about the FDA's limitations being to restrictive, but can't blame it on doctors not wanting to help.

We can talk about the FDA's limitations being to restrictive, but can't blame it on doctors not wanting to help.
Agreed I never blamed a Dr for not wanting to help. The Dr that treated my cousin with the antibodies told him he wished he could treat with it more but his hands were federally tied so to speak.

Agreed I never blamed a Dr for not wanting to help. The Dr that treated my cousin with the antibodies told him he wished he could treat with it more but his hands were federally tied so to speak.
I think that likely what the MD is referring to is similar to vaccine approval for various age groups and cohorts, ie why it took longer to get kids approved. *Probably* something like they are only approved for X situation, as other situations weren't studied so don't have approval yet.

Talked to a friend who, along with his wife, had the Omicron variant after visiting family in California for Christmas. He said they both had very mild cold like symptoms for a few days and are better now. Both were vaccinated.
Not surprising they got it here. I know over 30 people that have tested positive since Christmas. From kids to grandma's with all vaccine statuses. All seem to be about the same, cold like symptoms with some fever mixed in. Down for a couple of days and then start feeling better. I'm expecting my family will get it soon. Kids are in school and both playing basketball so lots of exposure.

Has anyone heard anything about having type O blood and getting covid with less severity. I know nothing about that but have heard they’re generally less affected for whatever reason. My father in law is in his 60’s and is pretty overweight and unvaccinated and type O. He seems to get sick fairly easy. He caught covid last year and had almost no symptoms and got over it faster than anyone I know. Maybe total coincidence but I found it interesting anyways.

I just got over round 2 with covid. First was over a year ago and was extremely mild. This time symptoms lasted 5 days, the first couple of days had me flat on my back running almost 102 fever, once fever was gone I bounced back quick. Sore throat, congestion, etc like any other severe cold. The one common denominator I had both times was headache and mild burning in my sinuses. Don’t know what variant it was, the test just showed positive. From first trace of symptoms until it was gone was about 5 days.

It’s going around rampantly here, I currently know 15+ people that currently have it. My daughter’s daycare is shut, our pastor had to cancel church this week because so many of the staff/congregation had it etc. Vaccinated and unvaccinated alike being hit about equally. Interestingly several of the ones I know in my circles who have the worst symptoms are in fully vaxxed/boostered crowd. Not trying to make a statement based on that either way just noting that it may not have hurt them at all to have it, but it sure doesn’t seem to have helped em that much either. Cases are on the rise here but deaths are not seeing a corresponding increase. There’s some good news there.

If anyone is interested I recommend listening to JRE episode #1757 with Dr. Robert Malone MD. He discusses many of the things mentioned recently in this thread, like the current lack on monoclonal antibody treatments and the govt hesitation to use preventative measures such as HQ and that horse dewormer… If you’re in the crowd that just lumps all of us in the unvaxxed as a bunch of ignorant Neanderthal plague rats, don’t bother listening to it, it’s way to much information for you to handle ;)

Last edited:
I just got over round 2 with covid. First was over a year ago and was extremely mild. This time symptoms lasted 5 days, the first couple of days had me flat on my back running almost 102 fever, once fever was gone I bounced back quick. Sore throat, congestion, etc like any other severe cold. The one common denominator I had both times was headache and mild burning in my sinuses. Don’t know what variant it was, the test just showed positive. From first trace of symptoms until it was gone was about 5 days.

It’s going around rampantly here, I currently know 15+ people that currently have it. My daughter’s daycare is shut, our pastor had to cancel church this week because so many of the staff/congregation had it etc. Vaccinated and unvaccinated alike being hit about equally. Interestingly several of the ones I know in my circles who have the worst symptoms are in fully vaxxed/boostered crowd. Not trying to make a statement based on that either way just noting that it may not have hurt them at all to have it, but it sure doesn’t seem to have helped em that much either. Cases are on the rise here but deaths are not seeing a corresponding increase. There’s some good news there.

If anyone is interested I recommend listening to JRE episode #1757 with Dr. Robert Malone MD. He discusses many of the things mentioned recently in this thread, like the current lack on monoclonal antibody treatments and the govt hesitation to use preventative measures such as HQ and that horse dewormer… If you’re in the crowd that just lumps all of us in the unvaxxed as a bunch of ignorant Neanderthal plague rats, don’t bother listening to it, it’s way to much information for you to handle ;)
Long listen, well worth it though.

yea I listened to that podcast. That guy clearly knows what he's talking about. I'm really glad I listened to it, and I feel much more educated on the matter.

Why any outlet would try to suppress a working treatment to push something else is just purely garbage. The people have the right to choose how they want to deal with their own bodies.

Horse dewormer, what a freakin joke.

I had covid about 2 weeks ago. Started with just feeling off and a fever for 2 days. After 2 days fever went away and I had a somewhat persistent cough. Cough lasted a couple days. Overall I was completely recovered in about a week. The wife also go covid, she had fatigue, cough and congestion for about 5 days then felt back to normal. We called about monoclonal antibodies when we first tested positive and were told we could only get those if we got worse and were classified "high risk".

I had all the classic symptoms of COVID and was quarrantined just before Christmas so missed out on that with family. Mine turned out to be RSV which is about the same as a bad cold just a different virus causing it. I had so much nasal discharge on mine it was like someone was running water out my nose. I had a little bit of taste but it was kinda metallic. Could not smell mostly because I was so plugged up. Almost got hospitalized because it got into my lungs but as soon as doctor mentioned that possibility I started improving and then the wife got it. Never slept so much with sheet over my head LOL but didn't want to catch it back. Some of the viruses out there mimic COVID closely and could be just as bad. I will be glad when this is all over se we can get back to normal and the politicians have to find another crisis to politicize.

My little niece tested positive with cold like symptoms. My parents (both vaccinated) have been babysitting her for the past few days. Both parents showing no symptoms, but my mom helps care for my elderly grandmother, so they got tested. Both tested negative.

Back