Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

First hand Covid symptoms

Well I tested positive, first time having it. I'm not vaccinated and my only symptom was a mild fever at 100.5 degs. I also had muscle soreness but that was from the fever, I didn't have any other symptoms and the fever lasted 24 hours. Just drank lots of fluid and a boat load of vitamin C and D, and Zinc.

I think it hits everyone very differently, I'm an active guy in good shape but not super fit.

I mentioned earlier in this thread an avid mountain cyclist - outdoors person, early 40's was hammered by Covid. He was originally anti vaccination. Visited us after ICU time wheeling an oxygen tank and looking like a POW. Going through hell and leaving his family behind changed his thoughts on Vax. Fast forward a month+ ----->
UNFORTUNATELY, medics were called to work a few days ago. He's been having frequent vertigo, dizziness, etc and a recent episode at work brought what he would typically turn down and drive himself. Not this time. Waiting to hear how he's doing.

Seems for those who may have some unknown issue that *might rear it's head later in life, Covid brings it to the forefront and amplifies it!

This is not written to debate the vax/no vax issue. It is one person's experience and those of us watching him go through this terrible INSTANT flip of events. God fearing, Incredible husband, Great father of three, and a proud LEO / proud American. Tough to see how his life has instantly transformed and now... to see significant effects come to head - Just sad. Really flipping sad.

Time to contribute to the tribal knowledge.

Wife came down with symptoms (cough/sore throat) after the holidays but tested negative. Retested Sunday morning and was positive; told me while I was goose hunting w/ my buddy that we went to the rodeo with the night before. We’re all 2x vax’d & boosted as of Nov. 1st; our daughter who’s <5y/o is not vaccinated (obviously). Wife still has a nasal drip of sorts but all things considered a very mild case.

Our friends wife caught it from my wife and tested positive on Wed.; my daughter and I never tested positive and have had no symptoms. It’s very odd.

So we went to Cancun for Christmas and New Years. All 6 of us. We are all double shot vaccinated/boostered and our two oldest daughters are boostered. Only the 6 and 9 year old do not have a booster.

We were there for 12 days and tested negative the day before the flight. Arrived back in Chicago and customs was a zoo. Wall to wall people. Two days later on Tuesday my wife started feeling run down and congested. She went in for a test the next morning and was positive. We kicked her into the basement and life went on ( I also went and tested negative).

Next day our 14 year old came home complaining of a sore throat and runny nose. We had one home test left so I administered and she came back instantly positive. Basement for you my girl!!

I get up the next day and take the remaining kids and I to urgent care. All test negative.

Fast forward to Friday. I need to get out of the house so I go hunting. Arrow a nice plump doe and bring her home, go pick up the kiddos from school, go grocery shopping, etc.. throat is a little sore. Figured it was from being in the 5 degree woods hunting. Wake up Saturday morning and the 9 year old has runny nose and says her throat hurts.. Back to urgent care we go. She tests positive and we all test negative even though I am now pretty sure I am positive as well as my head is pounding and plugged with a raw throat.

Sunday night a friend brings over a few home tests for us and I take one. Finally a positive. I spent all day butchering and putting the deer in the freezer and watching football so it didn't really effect me other than the headache. 6 year old tested positive on Tuesday night and the 12 year old is till clear.

Me 48. No medical issues. No meds currently. Bad headache and nose was plugged for 24 hours. No fever.

Wife 44. Bad Asthma. She has shortness of breath still. Bad headache and she feels tired. Finally slept good the last two nights. No fever.

Daughter 14. Asthma. Headache, congestion, slight sore throat for two days.

Daughter 8. Epilepsy on two different neurological meds. Runny nose and sore throat for 12 hours. Bouncing off the walls since.

Daughter 6. Epilepsy and on same meds as sister. Slight cough for 12 hours and is bouncing off the walls with her sister haha.

Now I am also a believer that it effects everyone differently. In the past three weeks we have had more friends become infected than ever before.

Male 44. Great shape. Runner. Fully Vaxed/boosted. Covid positive that turned into bronchitis.

Female 41. Wife of Male above. Also in great shape. On the couch for 7 days and can't move Vaxed/boosted.

Both their daughters 10 and 14 Vaxed and Boosted. 12-24 hour headache and sore throat and back to normal.

Probably 25-50 colleagues and friends with roughly the same vaccination status's and all roughly the same symptoms and outcomes.

One of my friends from College. 49. Football player who graduated and went into Marines. Niceset guy you ever met. Went into contract work after Military. Badass who you want on your side. Married 5 years ago. Settled down. Did not believe in the vaccinations and chose not to. His choice and I am okay with that. The only person I have known personally in the last few months who was not vaccinated. Again not trying to be political and am not trying to be. He died tonight. Heaven is a safer place with him up there but damn this world has a big hole to fill.

Stay safe out there HTer's. When you haven't said "hey" to an old friend in a few months put a reminder on your calendar to do it.

It's a shit show here.
Half the people have a cold or flu,or both,they say. Mention covid they look at you like ,"what did you say"?. Covid? No it's the flu...even the EMS folks.

Guy that owns the garage,eng. deg,Firechief/EMS 15yrs,everyone that works for him is out. His family is sick. "They just have the flu"......I'm about to wait 3 hours to get a flat fixed,because everyone is out and Jerry is on his own. Oh, another call to pull out a stuck vehicle....and their ill.

Daughter & SIL of one of his sick workers(2mo's) comes in and her dad has Delta,tested positive,suffering from long haulers. Cannot walk 100yards. They both told me they were not vaxed,before.

On the way there to garage I meet local rancher couple ,nice folks. Religious. I ask "how are you folks"? and the reply is fine,just fine. I mention the number of sick folks and they ask, so,"did you get vaxed?". They know I am not religious. Yeah I did but not boosted yet,I reply.
He says so we have had covid,twice now....it does not make sense except it's the lords will. Not vaxed for sure.
OK,cool. Have a blessed day they say as always and off they go.

So I sat in my truck waiting outside the garage,14 deg. Because the office is full of the usual local folks getting a free cup of coffee & a doughnut. And the several others who are also waiting to get back on the road, from all over the country.

The under sheriff comes in to drop his truck off. He had covid 15 days,the family is fine. We talked when it 1st showed 2 years ago.He asked my take on it,as a retired LEO/EMS. I said," We will be in this 2 years from now and not know what to do til it runs it's course.Everyone will get it at this point".

Sarah from the Pie-o-Neer stops to talk to Sheriff. She is also Pie Town EMS.....she is running the place herself, the pie shop. Everyone is sick.
She does not want to tell folks what to do ,so open door policy.
"We just have to let it run it's course and hope",she says......Michael looks me right in the eyes.

Bart shows up to work. He was afraid of getting sick last year. He is sick,hacking cough.

3 neighbors are still down with covid.

Do I get the booster? Did I have covid Labor day weekend and tested negative after the 2 moderna shots? Was it a false negative or a false positive test,that is common now?
Same thing is happening with my WI buddy. He is fine,the wife & granny fine .Vaxed. The super healthy daughter tho now has it,tested negative,then positive. Not bad tho,just a cold.

What is going on I ask myself. Then I get the call yesterday. Jury duty. In Reserve. Town has full blown covid going around. My concerns for my safety are not on the questionaire.
Call Fri., to show up Monday,or not if it's cancelled.

Guess I'm on my own. I knew that. Rio is my concern. He'll be ok all day at home inside.

A shit show in Catron County NM.

2 breakthrough cases in our house. We are a little less than a year from when my wife had it the first time. Thankfully it seems to not be as bad. I had managed to avoid getting it somehow until now, even when she had it before I was vaxxed, but not this time. Just achey and a sore throat for me. Only concern at this point is hoping the baby doesn't catch it.
Well my fever and achiness are gone, just some head congestion. Wife is still fatigued and has a little cough but otherwise feeling better. Little man went to sleep before his last meal last night but still no fever or anything.

Wife had her booster about two days ago. Sore throat, headache, and aching body though no temp - last night. Figured it was booster reaction. She still smells and tastes.

This morning, PCR for her flight out of the country the 16th. Covid positive.

I immediately had a PCR conducted. Two hours later, negative.

She's type 1 Diabetic and we're monitoring. We've been in touch with her Doc, etc. She's remaining the same as last evening.

House sold. We leased it from December to afternoon tomorrow.

I'm shacked upstairs prepping to drive tomorrow morning. She's in the basement. It's finished... I'm not a complete fool. We have her complete side of the family within 45 minutes so she's pushing me to proceed.

Interesting curve ball.

A little thought for her would be appreciated.

Well, this new variant finally caught up with us. The whole family is vaccinated and boosted if possible. Both kids weren’t feeling well Friday and tested positive. The oldest had headaches and tightness in her chest. The youngest was knocked on his ass for two days with fever, chills, and coughing. He seems to be better this morning. They both had the Pfizer vaccine.

My Wife and I both had the Moderna vaccine. Neither of us has shown any symptoms. I don’t know if that’s just a coincidence or what.

Wife had Covid last year. Never really showed any symptoms other than nonsense of smell and that was suspect as she always claims she can’t smell anything.

I probably had it last fall but refused to get tested because I self-quarantined 10 days before my bi-annual dot stress test and wanted absolutely nothing to interfere with that appointment.

The stupidity around Covid is making people reconsider how they do things and what people are told.

Looking at the crowds at NFL playoffs last night and shaking my head. There's a bomb ready to explode. Wow!

Some of you may remember last year when I warned that the next time COVID came through it would be a different critter. Same warning again. Next time it may spread quicker AND be more deadly. The sooner we can get to herd immunity, the more defense we'll have. Do your part. Get vaxed.

Got the Johnson shot back in August. My brother that I work with got sick and left work early Wednesday. He tested positive on Thursday and I got sick Thursday night and tested positive on Friday. He was not vaccinated and his case was much worse than mine. I did have a horrible headache for a couple days and fever and a stomach ache that felt like it was gonna make me pass out at times. His was like a horrible case of the flu. Said even his hair follicles hurt. Both of us are on the mend now.

Co-worker's fiancée showed symptoms and tested positive, female 24 with both shots by early summer then booster last October. Five days later he shows symptoms, male 26 with both shots by early summer though no booster. Test #1 says negative. He is knocked on his rear. She is all better by time he shows symptoms. Takes Test #2 which says negative. He avoids ER but thought about it a couple of times. Test #3 as he is getting back on his feet is positive. He missed 7 days of work and then did remote for 3 more. Today is his first day in office since New Year's Eve.

They both run half-marathons and are very fit and zero known underlying issues. He will now get the booster as soon as is cleared to do so.

If you are like over half of Americans and have underlying issues such as overweight, high blood pressure, over age 50, etc, then you will run a higher risk of not having a good outcome from Covid though if have your shots and booster then your odds are many times better. The people walking into the ER today with shortness of breath from Covid are typically over 50, male, not fully vaxed and are around Day 10 of symptoms thinking they could gut it out at home. Deaths are still happening but not many vaxxed/boosted folks are heading to the morgue or even into the ICU. Do your own research but the stats are making the choice clear when compare minimal vaccine side-effects after millions of doses vs rolling the dice.

Entire family got it the last week. Kids passed it quickly aged 5 and 2. My wife and I had similar symptoms. I considered it a bad cold (my wife and I are both vaccinated and boostered). One night I had pretty good back pain and night sweats but other than that we recovered pretty quickly.

I traveled on a work tdy to NC last week returned home Thursday. Friday began the running nose cough/sneezing and later fever of 101. Dealt with that for a few days feeling a little better today. Haven't been tested as I feel I'm not to the point I'd take the chance of entering the zoo we have for testing at the moment. Fully vaxed no booster yet.

I traveled on a work tdy to NC last week returned home Thursday. Friday began the running nose cough/sneezing and later fever of 101. Dealt with that for a few days feeling a little better today. Haven't been tested as I feel I'm not to the point I'd take the chance of entering the zoo we have for testing at the moment. Fully vaxed no booster yet.
I found two pack covid test kits @ Walgreens - may give you a better guide w/o making a large hassle of Medical facility and mixing with those who are more likely to have covid. I believe they have 1 and 2 tests w/in. I believe for this one, I paid $20. Figured my way to self test.
Anyhow, for what it's worth.

*side note on my wife: she's feeling a bit better lot of nasal throat draining, etc. Seems best for her recovery was Nyquil type throat coating and help her sleep.

20220118_101034.jpg

Back