PEAX Equipment

Finally

Lawnboy

Well after a fun and frustrating season thus far I was able to stumble onto this guy. I have had fun time this year and have been getting into a lot of elk but nothing to show for it. I really like to call and they have just been a bugger up till now to get them to come in, even the satellite bulls. It seems that they are just getting into the mood to actually respond to calls. I snuck in to about 70 yards on this guy. I had only tall trees that were sparse for cover. I like shooting from the kneeling position and set up basically in the open just trusting the ol camo for cover. My friend Dave was back with the Montana Decoy and began some soft and easy cow calls. He picked up his head and began the journey in my direction. As he got close I realized that I would only have a chance to draw when his head was behind a 12" diameter tree. I drew back slow and steady and he stopped 25 yards quartering sharp too me. I held for about 30 seconds and Dave did a couple more cow calls that angled him a little more for me. I slowly moved with him just hoping he wouldn't detect any of my movement. When he finally got enough broadside for me I let the arrow fly. 13 yards ended up being the distance and he ran 80 yards and stood there for a minute and tipped over. This was the third bull that I have drawn back on this year. The others either saw me draw or just moved into a bad spots. I do have to thank Dave and Abe (Sweetnectar) for convincing me to hold out for something bigger or I might be still on the Raghorn Express. He's my best bull to date and I'm extremely happy. My son's first year is this year and I am excited that I can now focus on helping him have a fun and memorable first year. Best of luck to the rest of you this season.
135_0103small.jpg
135_0106small.jpg
135_0107small.jpg
Dave my "bull coaxer"
135_0110small.jpg
This was a punture wound from fighting I assume. I really didn't hit him in the rump:D
135_0114small.jpg

Attachments

• 135_0108small.jpg
    135_0108small.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 1,076
Holy cow, that thing's a monster.
Congrats Bart, that one's going to be hard to top.

Great Bull!!!

Great bull Bart!!!! Now who am I going to drag out of bed to go with me;) Can't wait to see him.

Congratulations

Congratulations Man. That is a gorgeous bull. Never hunted elk (there aren't any in CT), but its on my list of dream hunts. Enjoy the backstraps and make sure you have yourself a few pair of elk skin gloves made out of the hide. All the best. Hitman.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back