field point penetration test

dgc1963

Ok so some of you young guys wont get this be the guys with lots of experience will
So switched to new single piin bow site and I guess I really needed to know how much energy this new bow has so I bolted on the site not quite realizing all the adjustments and took my first shot 15 yrds and boy it was spot on right through the 1/2 inch plywood behind the target passed through aluminum siding insulation drywall AND the side of a kitchen cabinet well I dont want to pat myself on the back too much but you have to be real good to do that
my only saving grace was its a drawer base so you have to take the drawers out to see the hole im so proud at this moment in my life now please dont message me for lesions Im kinda busy with work family and now home repairs

silverlab

Ok so some of you young guys wont get this be the guys with lots of experience will
So switched to new single piin bow site and I guess I really needed to know how much energy this new bow has so I bolted on the site not quite realizing all the adjustments and took my first shot 15 yrds and boy it was spot on right through the 1/2 inch plywood behind the target passed through aluminum siding insulation drywall AND the side of a kitchen cabinet well I dont want to pat myself on the back too much but you have to be real good to do that
my only saving grace was its a drawer base so you have to take the drawers out to see the hole im so proud at this moment in my life now please dont message me for lesions Im kinda busy with work family and now home repairs
Impressive, what brand of field points are they? May need to get myself some!! Glad no one got hurt in seriously.

MTTW

Sounds like you got some penetrating oil on your field tip. Wipe it off with some soapy water and retest.

Take a foam earplug and put it in the hole. Color it house color with paint or a marker and deny that you know anything about it.

teej89

Sounds like you got some penetrating oil on your field tip. Wipe it off with some soapy water and retest.

Take a foam earplug and put it in the hole. Color it house color with paint or a marker and deny that you know anything about it.
deny, deny, deny.... and take the wise words of collin raye

bushman13

Circa 1999, I'm living in Ford Factory Lofts in Atlanta (where they built Model A's and T's). I shoot one through my target, through my wall and into the neighbors living room. :oops:

My neighbor ends up returning the arrow the next times she sees me in the hall. She wasn't even pissed which was very surprising considering how artsy fartsy the place was at the time.

Losing_Sanity

I've had things like that happen a time or two. Can't give details because I dont want no record of the incident. Sure glad no one got injured. Good to laugh about after the shock wears off.
I agree, deny all knowledge of the event. 😏

riley

Ok I can add to this ..couple years ago i upgraded my 10 year old beginners bow and got a new “latest and greatest” set up . Got it home started shooting my bag that sits up against the front of my house . Shot 6 arrows and was really excited. I could tell by the sound the arrows were making hitting the bag that they were hitting way harder then my last bow ! . Walked up to retreive my arrows and found I had 6 arrows through the bag, and the extra sound I was hearing was the sound a arrow makes when it sticks into your house . .....( my wife was really impressed )

ElkFever2

Haven't shot too many structures...however one year I made a bad shot on a whitetail doe and she spent some time walking around the outskirts of the small town near where I was hunting...with the arrow sticking out. Got some texts from numbers I didn't recognize and wasn't long before my poor shot was made pretty public. Did try to find the deer again over the next 2 days, but no luck until the following spring when it was just a skeleton picked clean by coyotes.

nhn2a

My buddy and I shoot in front of his shed. There are more than a few holes that I'm embarrassed about ... or I should say, we used to shoot in front of it. His wife just made him get a new shed this year and she said we're not allowed to set the targets in front of it anymore. I'm not sure why ... lol

clharr

I put a hole in a conex (shipping container) from about 50yds once. Surprised the hell out of me and my buddy. I was amazed it didn't break the arrow. I think my draw weight was only about 50lbs.

I also put a few holes in my privacy fence.

dgc1963

I told my fiance and you cant see the hole with out removing the drawer she just laughed man I love that woman
it probably helped since shes a new archer and hit the house once on her very first time too, before I built a large plywood box to go around target
being a general contractor it took all of 10 min to repair the damage so things like this dont even get me worked up

oleefish2

Cool story. A friends son was practicing in their back yard and missed the back stop, skipped the arrow under the back fence and the arrow went through the moms front tire on the car as she was coming home from work. Not a happy mom or wife.