Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Feral Cow Shooting in the Gila

Wowzers on the comment section of that article.
Makes total sense. Planting trees caused it and swimming pools. I am in the pool business, having pools is one of the best possible things to have in drought areas. They use very minimal water after initial fill up but have 16-24,000 thousands of gallons of water available for fires. We put hydrants on them for quick use.

Trees, first we cut to many, now we are adding to many. Bring in hunters to take care of the cow issue.

No tags, just open season. screw the tags.
I'd happily shoot one and pack it out. I was once hunting in northern NM national forest and a USFS employee asked me to shoot any cattle we found as they were supposed be out of there. Apparently, leasees accidentally-on purpose, leave some behind for another month of two of free food. I had a huge long-horn at 10 yds, but let him walk as I knew it wasn't going to be exactly kosher.

I'd happily shoot one and pack it out. I was once hunting in northern NM national forest and a USFS employee asked me to shoot any cattle we found as they were supposed be out of there. Apparently, leasees accidentally-on purpose, leave some behind for another month of two of free food. I had a huge long-horn at 10 yds, but let him walk as I knew it wasn't going to be exactly kosher.
Long horn is just bad beef. I threw away over $200 worth of it (to the dogs, actually). Just bad.

For 15 minutes.

Nah, most people will congregate in cities thinking that’s the way to live, cattle will roam in the desolate places I wanna live. I’ll simmer in southern Wy, and northern colorado, winter in the Sandhills, if I’m lucky I’ll never see another soul besides my family. Talk about living the dream!

Those handles are everything you’d expect from the Fox News crowd…

white_man_best

😂
I sometimes sequester myself off from the internet by just reading regular old non-outrage news & educational kind of stuff in addition to HT, then I see stuff like that comment section and am reminded what a f**king cesspool the world wide web truly is.

Nah, most people will congregate in cities thinking that’s the way to live, cattle will roam in the desolate places I wanna live. I’ll simmer in southern Wy, and northern colorado, winter in the Sandhills, if I’m lucky I’ll never see another soul besides my family. Talk about living the dream!
Don't bet on it. No food or water there. They will empty in seconds. Everyone saw Mad Max and all the other post-apocalyptics. Head for the desert. You will be just slowly twisting on a spit over someone's campfire anyway :)

It is kind of like hunting the "backcountry" now when everyone and their stinkin' brother has OnX and the same game plan that you do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back