Feral Cow Shooting in the Gila

i just hope they get out ahead of this issue and then figure out a way to stay ahead of it. the horses have taught us feral animals are easier to manage before they are a wide spread problem instead of ignoring it for too long and then trying to figure out a solution (i've got one in the pasture right now and will get another when the time is right, but still too dang many of them and most of the mustang trainers/owners will say the same)

i think it's a very simple we cull these cows that haven't been rounded up, let the ranchers know that next year your permit is good until october 1, after that if you need more time you have to contact us and let us know how many you're missing, circumstances and what you're doing to fix the problem but abandonment of your responsibility means less grazing allotments next year, a 2 week window for other ranchers to round up whatever they can and keep as theirs, after that, lethal measures

i just hope they get out ahead of this issue and then figure out a way to stay ahead of it. the horses have taught us feral animals are easier to manage before they are a wide spread problem instead of ignoring it for too long and then trying to figure out a solution (i've got one in the pasture right now and will get another when the time is right, but still too dang many of them and most of the mustang trainers/owners will say the same)

i think it's a very simple we cull these cows that haven't been rounded up, let the ranchers know that next year your permit is good until october 1, after that if you need more time you have to contact us and let us know how many you're missing, circumstances and what you're doing to fix the problem but abandonment of your responsibility means less grazing allotments next year, a 2 week window for other ranchers to round up whatever they can and keep as theirs, after that, lethal measures
This issue (and response) has been occurring for many decades.

Don't over think the issue, when the S.H.T.F., I have been told on inside info that MOUNT SCOTT will split open ,all the white guy's bovines will drop into the abiss of the mountain and ALL THE BUFFALO will return to NM,ID,MT and WY . I've heard wilder stories like BIDEN was seen in the UKRANE......lol can u imagine THAT!!

Judge threw out their injunction yesterday. Told the NM Cattle Growers Ass. that the branded & tagged cattle,that do not belong there, and the unbranded/tagged ones need to go from the wilderness. Estimated at 150 head of wild beeves.

I imagine the flights will have to wait out the storm. It is still blowing bad,but not like yesterday.

The shovel hat bolo boy was upset on the news....Said they will continue to protest the unhumane random taking of cattle.
I wanna know if there are loose branded/tagged cattle mixed in why I the F are they there, cowboy.

Friday I went get a sammich in Pie Town.
There was a buttload of vehicles and a military rig at the heliport. Just an observation.

News says they shot 19. And it is over ,for now. Out of 150 estimated head in there.

The real funny news was the Center for Biological Diversity was backing the cattlemens at 1st, now they are FOR the removal after seeing 1st hand the damage.

The gubberness is mad at the FS.

It was stated again that there are no leases near the area,let alone abandoned permits. Never were permits in the Wilderness.

I'm amazed that after 44 posts "what's the best cartridge/bullet?" hasn't appeared.
I heard a funny story from Coach Landry of Dallas Cowboys once how while stopping to talk quick to landowners before hunting deer they needed a beloved bull put down. He agreed and went back towards the car shot the bull and then told his friend they couldn't hunt and were denied permission as a joke. While going around to the other side hears a gun shot and friend has shot another cow and says maybe next time they wouldn't be so stingy with giving permission. So I guess close range any deer cartridge would work. But I would go more elk rifle cartridge like 6.5 Creedmoor and up.🤪

But seriously you can't hunt them because Game and Fish hasn't made them a invasive species right? I would go if you can hunt no tag, drawing or season dates ect. to have to worry about.

It seems funny to me you guys talking about buying a tag for them lol you guys should be talking about being reimbursed for your efforts.

Everyone is so quick to offer up money for tags for something lol

either I want to do it for free or I want to be paid to do it. Even if they paid me to do it it’s still cheaper than having the government do it.

It seems funny to me you guys talking about buying a tag for them lol you guys should be talking about being reimbursed for your efforts.

Everyone is so quick to offer up money for tags for something lol

either I want to do it for free or I want to be paid to do it. Even if they paid me to do it it’s still cheaper than having the government do it.

$4,000,000 in studies

$300,000 in helicopter fuel

2 dead cows.

Send us out

$325 in beer/liquor

Cattle eradicated.

I worked for the government for a short period of time.

The amount of safety briefings, costs and nonsense that it took to kill 19 cows I assure you is out of this universe.
I do hope the burrow owl was taken into consideration. Though if the elf owl came up during burrow owl meetings that would cause a pause for study, reconvene next fiscal.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back