Feral Cow Shooting in the Gila

NM Gila wild range cattle? Cross of longhorns and corriente and the kitchen sink. Tough as shoeleather I'm sure. Might make burger if you double grind it and pretend.
They will try and kill you in a heartbeat too.

That's why the cowboy club has not volunteered to help with the issue. One they love. And have enabled.
They are owning the FS...LOL.
FS says hold my cow chip...

NM Gila wild range cattle? Cross of longhorns and corriente and the kitchen sink. Tough as shoeleather I'm sure. Might make burger if you double grind it and pretend.

That's why the cowboy club has not volunteered to help with the issue. One they love. And have enabled.
I've found ways to make everything else in my freezer edible. I think I'd find a way with feral beef pretty easy. There's not much on this earth that a grinder, pressure cooker, Dutch oven, or crockpot can't fix.

Last edited:

Buddy in PERTH,Western Australia , licenced govt.pest/ animal control fella says the wild range bulls are just plain mean,dangerous and VERY SMART....he has hunted the world over and says CAPE Buffalo are kind of predictable in most places, the ''outback feral bulls'' are very UNPREDICTABLE.........makes for a ''on your toes'' hunt.

Would most of these cattle be in unit 16b? I don’t suppose just telling the elk hunters in 16b the cattle were fair game would have amounted to much harvest. It would have played better in the press however. Helicoptering them isn’t a great look for the forest service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back