Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Favorite NON-Premium Bullet

Another vote for Hornady interlocks. Great bullet at a great price

I used to shoot these back when I cared what bullets cost. Now, I don't lose too much sleep over it. Heck, I drop several hundred a year in shotshells.

I know Core-lokt has its following, but I've just never been all that impressed. I've had several just completely go to pieces on whitetails shot with a .243. Performance has been a little inconsistent in my experience. I also once shot a little buck through the lungs with a .300WM at about 100yds. The exit wound was the same size as the entry and he ran about 200yds. I found him, but that was about the time I started looking for a different bullet.

I've never been impressed with the velocity of Core-Lokt ammo either. Clocks about 200 fps slow in my rifles.

But to answer the question, I like Hornady ILs too.

I've used Core-Lokts, Interlocks, Sierra Game Kings and Sierra Pro Hunters to kill stuff. But, I don't have to anymore. mtmuley

I have used Hornady's and Sierra's for at least 50 years when reloading and they killed what I hunted. When I did by loaded ammo it was Core-lokt's. Also a few Nosler's at times.

If you want a premium bullet, that's accurate, and terminal as all get out, go with Cutting Edge.
Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.
But that good!

I have been using Core-Lokt ammo for almost 40 years now and I can say I have never had a bullet fail to do it's job when I do mine. This includes shooting antelope, deer, elk, coyotes and jackrabbits with my 7RM.

I have a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag that will only group with Winchester Power Points. I have taken lots of game with those old style 180 gr. bullets : deer, elk, caribou.

My go it is a brand thats called clearance rack. After that would be core lock in everthing than federal blue box for my 7mag. I have NEVER lost a game animal hit with ether one. I have lost a deer with ballaist tip. Seen the impact about 3 to 4 in behind front leg never seen him again

190gr. 30 cal hornady boattail, killed lot of game, out of a 30/338 win mag

For the record- I shoot the Hornady Interlocks out of one of my .270 win guns, not because they are less expensive than other bullets, but because they group better.

Only ever put 2 bullets into deer, Core-lokts when I was young and broke and silvertips when I was a bit older but still broke. They're both good bullets for their uses. My M70 7mm-08 will only shoot 2" with Corelokts, but that's good enough for the 100 and under shots of the north woods. Out here in the west I've "upgraded" to Accubonds, but have yet to have one meet meat

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back