PEAX Equipment

Favorite modern western movies or series?

88man

Looking for recommendations. Something less than 10 years old? I really liked Hostiles.

I was going to say 3:10 to Yuma, but holy crap that movie came out 12 years ago. Makes me feel old now.

Hostiles . Very few Good westerns made anymore. IMHO
Not many are realistic or are soap operas........

Wind River was very good.
I just have a problem with most modern western shows or movies any more. Even good thoughtful charactors loose their common sense halfway thru...

Hell on wheels was pretty good, Godless was good too I wonder if they're going to make another season.

Have you seen all the "old" ones? IMO Lonesome Dove is timeless and one of the best mini series out there.

I just watched Broken Trail with Robert Duvall on Sunday it happened to ve on TV. I seen it before but was good enough to watch again.

Hell on Wheels

Yep. I watched HOW religiously. Great show. Lost momentum in a couple places but in all was a great series.

Wind River was also very good. Kind of depressing, but good.

I honestly didn't care for Hostiles. Certain aspects of it seemed a little forced. And I didn't think they fully utilized the good actors they'd roped in for that movie. I thought the overall premise was a terrific idea, but would probably have been better as a novel. The full-circle aspect to the character development was a good idea, but somehow I just didn't feel it.

HBO series Deadwood is older than 10 years but excellent...and a Deadwood HBO television movie debuts May 31.

Game of Thrones often gets very western....also HBO

The Magnificent Seven (2016) I thought the first half was pretty good, not so much with the second half of the show. The fight scene seemed to last forever, and it was hard to determine the good guys from the bad guys from the town people.

Back