PEAX Equipment

Favorite modern western movies or series?

Ah God Woodrow.

Lonesome Dove and the following series has to be the best western ever made. I'm going to be very disappointed if I don't go out like Gus and make my brother swear to me that he bury me in my favorite shady spot on the river.

Maybe not a Western show in the classical sense, but I recently came across the series "Hatfields and McCoys" and enjoyed it.

There Will Be Blood is great one. Daniel Day Lewis is such a creep in that movie. Weird dude but he is an amazing actor.

I'll add my voice to the Justified, Wind River, and Hell or High Water chorus.

I've got Hostiles and the Ballad of Buster Scruggs on my Netflix watchlist.

For me a modern day Western has cowboy type characters but the story is set in today’s timeline, example LONGMIRE , and a traditional western is a period piece set in 1800’s regardless of when filmed as in HOSTILES

3 Modern Day Westerns I really enjoyed and would recommend are listed below in no particular order, happy viewing :cool:

1. The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada from 2005 staring Tommy Lee Jones , with Country Singer Dwight Yoakam as a sheriff, old school justice type movie

2. A Night in Old Mexico from 2013 staring Robert Duvall , theme an old cowboy Ain’t dead just yet and gots a little fight still left

3. Hell or High Water 2106 staring Jeff Bridges , Chris Pine and Ben Foster from the 3:10 to Yuma remake , theme Good vs Bad cowboys on the plains of Texas
A night in Old Mexico? Your going to give Randy nightmares....

3. Hell or High Water 2106 staring Jeff Bridges , Chris Pine and Ben Foster from the 3:10 to Yuma remake , theme Good vs Bad cowboys on the plains of Texas

One of my favorites in recent years. The movie market is so swamped with super hero and rom coms anymore. This film restored my faith in Hollywood's story tellers. There are still gems like this that come out every once in awhile. Watch it!

As a side note, the producer is the same that put out Wind River that other's have mentioned on here.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back