NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Fall 2007 Elk

sreekers

I was going through my pictures are remembered that I forgot to post pictures of my elk from this fall. Just a spike but a fun week of hunting. Saw several that week, and dealt with quite a bit of weather change as you can see in the pictures. Shot him with my .300 Wby mag at about 60 yards. The first pack out was awful and it started raining on us. We went back in that afternoon after some warm food and with the horse and brought him the three miles out. All in all a great week, with some great company.

Attachments

• Packing%20Out.jpg
    Packing%20Out.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 258
  • Packing%20Out%202.jpg
    Packing%20Out%202.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Spike%201.jpg
    Spike%201.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 263
  • Spike%202.jpg
    Spike%202.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 255
  • WyoElkhunter.jpg
    WyoElkhunter.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 263
Can someone resize them for me. I downgraded the quality on them to make them fit, but still cant get the size right.

Cool!! Always nice to see some dead critters during the off season. Gotta love being able to throw em' up on a horse.

Sorry....don't know how to resize em' for ya.

I think I need a bigger screen... ;)

http://www.hunttalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25739&highlight=resizing+pictures

If you have 'paint', this is a pretty good walk thru...

There are also some other programs on the internet you can use that work well...

I have one that I use, the program is free, and it's by far the easiest one I've run across...

All you do when you get ready to resize a pic in your photo album is
'right click'
'resize'
choose 'Small, Medium, Large'
'click'

Medium works well on this site...

Nice elk by the way and congrats on your hunting trip... :)

Problem I have is that I am using a mac, so all of this right click stuff doesn't exist. I may dig a little deeper on how I save them with my program, then go from there.

Nice job. I imagine the four-legged beasts make the work a little easier. Might have to invest in some when I get a little older.

Has tony got a bear yet? If you see him tell him Ben got one last weekend. Nothing huge but a decent bear for WY.

I ended up getting 3 cow elk last fall. I didn't hunt much and burned my general tag on a cow. There was a bull in the herd but I decided to let his rack get a little bigger for next year.

-Ernesto

I don't know if Tony has or not. I will check with him after this weekend, he was doing some ranch work last. I am hoping to actually draw out for some form of elk tag this year, don't mind the work, but would love to have a chance out south or out at the dunes.

They increased the tag #'s again south of town so the odds will be a little better this year.

Yeah that was a fun hunt! Really didn't see the numbers that i thought we would see! No Ernesto, no bear yet, tell Ben congrats. what was the skull measured at? Ernesto i put in for the Reduce cow and calf what was the quota they gave out?

Tony,
Yeah I heard you put in with Slag. I guess they only gave out 25 tags. I'm not sure if Ben measured the skull on his bear. Nosich missed a big black one last weekend.

Good Luck in the draws. I take off for AK on sat. I'm loading up all my stuff in the next two days :D.

Nesto,
Good luck in Alaska. You going for a visit, or are you moving there? Thought I heard that rumor once?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back