Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Fading Montana Licenses and getting replacements

MattK

Fishing
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Hunters and anglers with licenses that are displaying faded text making them difficult to read can have those licenses replaced at no cost at their regional Fish, Wildlife & Parks office. Another option is to go to fwp.mt.gov, login to MyFWP and request a digital version of your license to print at home or download to a smart phone. Digital licenses are good for everything but a carcass tag.
Replacement at an FWP office for faded licenses do not count against the number of replacements an individual is allowed. Local license providers are unable to offer free replacements; the cost is $5 for each license replaced.

Just pulled mine out the other day and noticed they look like that. Sure is handy that I have to drive 160 mile round trip during the week to get them replaced. Guess I’ll just pay to have my carcass tags replaced

So i talked to fish and game today and got replacements...they said it was an issue with heat...Buzzh and i think its rubbing the ink off. Either way, i said that i was glad i'm getting replacements before the season...i was told they haven't changed ink or paper so if your current licenses look good, no sense in changing them. I asked what would happen if a deer or elk lucense had the same problem...the answer was, I don't know. I asked who i could talk to that would know. I was told, i don't know. I guess when the time comes, i won't have to punch out the tag...

You can have everything except your tags emailed to you. Then you can either print them out on paper or download them onto your phone.

Mine was in my wallet and the ink probably rubbed off.

Just checked mine and they were all faded. I constantly forget my wallet in my truck so it probably is the heat.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back