Extreme velocity monos.

Last time I called, Steve tried to convince me to try the 124 grain HH in my 12 twist 300 WBY. Looking at the Hammer site now, I can see why. I’m getting 3500 fps and great groups with 152s and RL26, but this tiny bullets wizzing really fast thing is compelling.

I have a 96 181g loaded now. They are accurate but I think I’m going to part with the unloaded I have and drop down a couple notches to get my speed up. Cause I get bored easily and 3030fps isn’t enough when your bored.

I'm a big fan of Nosler ABs and didn't think I would use any other bullet in my new .280AI. I was thinking the Hammers were getting overhyped but like Mtmuley said it's hard to argue the results guys are getting. I also was leery of going light, was planning on 160 gr. Noslers. Well just got a box of 143 grain Hammer Hunters and looking forward to seeing what they can do with some RL 26 or 23.

Have some 174 hammer hunters loaded in the 300wsm at 3050fps and 131 grain hammer hunters loaded to 3060fps in the wife’s 7mm-08. Both should get some elk work. Hers will be used on antelope as I didn’t draw this year. Have a ptg sale 25-06 that I’ll try some 92 grain hammer hunters in if I don’t decide to sell it
Over 3000 fps coming out of a 7mm-08 blows my mind, I was not coming anywhere close to that with TTSX

I’m glad to see their partnership with weatherby. Old man Weatherby would be over the top with these bullets in his cartridges.
So does this go to support that speed does kill?

I'm working on getting the 162AH to get up to speed in my 22" 300wsm. I'm at 3070 with H4350, won't be able to go any further before my next hunt. I think that is the top with that powder, but I'm pleased with where I am for now. I'd like to be in the 3200 range once its all over.
no trouble to pass 3200 but itll be easier with 26 inch barrel

It is hard to wrap your head around lighter bullets moving fast. I was talking with Steve and Brian and I am starting to come around. mtmuley
I have not tried any Hammers, But In my 8mmRM I shoot 200 gr Barnes at 3200 fps with great accuracy sitting on a BIG charge of reloder 26

If I didn’t have a ridiculous pile of ammo loaded for my Kimber I would give the .264 109 AH a whirl. Pretty certain I could hit the 32-3300 mark with it.

Need to get a scope back on my .280 and play some more with the 131 HH. It’ll likely be a safe queen this year.
I'm still sitting on two boxes of 131 HH for my 7RM. My first powder didn't work out and I haven't gotten back to it.

I’m glad to see their partnership with weatherby. Old man Weatherby would be over the top with these bullets in his cartridges.
So does this go to support that speed does kill?
Is it the speed killing or the added energy due to the speed?

There is a guy in Australia shooting the 124 and killing the crap out of critters. Another member on Hammer shooting the 101. I'm shooting the 181 in my RUM, but I have 124's and 166's on the bench. I have 70 grain bullets for my .243. I used 80 grain prior but was convinced the 70 was just as good or better. Lots to think about. But like I said, Hammers and the high velocity are changing the game. mtmuley
Do you have any pics to show the real world action with this particular bullet?

I already ordered it, I guess I just want to see exactly what we are talking about for deer.

I have a bunch of clean brass ready to load. Now I just wait for the pills. 😀

(243 70gr)

Do you have any pics to show the real world action with this particular bullet?

I already ordered it, I guess I just want to see exactly what we are talking about for deer.

I have a bunch of clean brass ready to load. Now I just wait for the pills. 😀

(243 70gr)
I have used the 80 grain .243 Hunter. Plan on using the 70 grain this year.. Go to Hammers site. I am hesitant to post links here with the Nosler affiliation. mtmuley

My limited Elk experience with semi light loads;
140 TSX out of my 7stw at close to 3500, thru and thru on the point of the shoulder
143 hammer hunters, almost 3200, quarter slightly towards with entrance in the > and stopped against the hide at the back of the opposite rib cage

These hammers were pretty impressive; brand new rifle, 3 shots each at 77gr, 78gr, and 79gr, done.

Back