Extreme velocity monos.

Hammertime boards finally let me register, but now won't find the site... lol

Mtmuley,
Would you happen to know velocity requirements for the Absolute Hammer to expand?
Trying to do guesstimates for a max range.
Not advocating that i'm going to shoot max range, but nice to know info.
Steve likes 1800 fps as a baseline. You will find reports of them expanding at lower velocity. Give him a call. He likes to talk ballistics. mtmuley

I think saw the thread Mtmuley is refering to.
Looks like the person actually used Varget with the 101 HH.
Velocity hitting 4,224fps. :eek:

Screaming fast!!!

I think saw the thread Mtmuley is refering to.
Looks like the person actually used Varget with the 101 HH.
Velocity hitting 4,224fps. :eek:

Screaming fast!!!
The 101 has been pushed faster. The 124 data I am thinking of used H4350 and IMR4831. I am still looking for it. mtmuley

The 101 has been pushed faster. The 124 data I am thinking of used H4350 and IMR4831. I am still looking for it. mtmuley
ButterBean posted a load with H4350 over on the LRH forum. He reported over 4000. Unfortunately, I think I need to save my remaining H4350 for the Creedmoor.

Wanted to get feedback on pressure signs from reloaders with more experience pushing limits than I have. Looks like some ejector wipe under "ester," so I'm thinking drop .5 to 1 grain. PXL_20210929_171145816.jpg

^^^Yep...
I would be much more mono (Hammer) tinkering were powder reliably available. Bakpakr & MtMuley's speeds have me inquisitive, as long as they impact small.

I have been reading a few threads here and elsewhere about performance on game, which often appears devastating. Anyone have input on meat loss compared to other bullets?

I have been reading a few threads here and elsewhere about performance on game, which often appears devastating. Anyone have input on meat loss compared to other bullets?
No meat loss from a 25 cal 92g Hunter 3460 MV...130 yard quartering to behind the shoulder, no exit/engine room mush. Did not recover.
Whitetail buck...a few hogs also, no meat loss

I didn't measure since I was just looking for how hot I could load them. I'll post velocities when I test the reduced load.
IMO, you really need velocities when you’re working up loads with these so that you can ensure you are getting a fairly straight line pressure increase/velocity increase as you up your charge weight.

It's amazing what some shooters are doing with the small for caliber Hammers at very, very high velocity. Probably why Weatherby is loading Hammers. Steve and Brian are pushing the envelope like no other bullet maker has. Seems to be working. I follow Hammer's site. Waiting for one of those maniacs to push one 5000 fps. mtmuley

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back