MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Elk talk

Eyeguy

What kind of mood are the elk in your general area you hunt? We leave tomorrow for southern Colorado. Getting excited!

Saw the biggest bull of my life last evening. He was with two cows and totally silent feeding along. Youngest son stalked to within just under 100 yards, and ran out of legal shooting light. This morning found us in the willows along the river in a blind. Had bugles every few minutes from dawn till 8;00. Good time to be out for sure!

Bugling elk

Any elk bugling around central Montana? Planning to start hunting Monday or Tuesday. My excitement is getting out of control! Thanks

Any elk bugling around central Montana? Planning to start hunting Monday or Tuesday. My excitement is getting out of control! Thanks

This weekend was extremely quiet but assuming it had to do with the super high temps. 89 degrees isn't usual bugling weather. Supposed to cool down this week...guessing by next week it'll be on like donkey kong.

I live in Southern Colorado, and have been hunting almost everyday. The Bulls are definitely bugling, but in my experience, won't come to a call. I almost had one come in today, however at 75 yards, he left with the Cows when they departed.

Too hot, but that should change...they were not talking much. Had 80 head at 150 yards, could see them, 5 legal bulls, 3 shooters, the biggest 350...the coolest, a 330 if both sides matched, but had a big sword with a club on one side. All together, bulls weren't bothering each other. Not talking hardly at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back