Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Electrostimulation of game

Interesting. I just wonder how that would work on an animal that has actually been shot and has a hole from one side to the other through the lungs. These animals have a sigle hole that they just made
in the corotid artery.
Also how well would it work when it has taken you 5 or 6 hours to get your animal off the mountain, whole and ungutted. Seems pretty impracticle for actual hunting use.

Last edited:
It is very interesting - I looked at this last week after the MeatEater podcast. It would have to make a very discernable difference in meat taste for me to pack the unit up after elk.

I can see a big use for someone who raised / slaughter / butcher their own livestock.

I don't ever bother bleeding an animal out. I remember the first thing my father and grandfather did after a kill was the throat slit. I haven't done it in 30 years. An animal killed with a gunshot is basically bled out from the wounds it has suffered that killed it. mtmuley

I usually slit the carotid, then grab the hind legs and shake with a Kramer from Seinfeld spasm and voila, it's bled out. 'No need for batteries or generator .... and deer, elk, antelope is always tender tasty.

I don't ever bother bleeding an animal out. I remember the first thing my father and grandfather did after a kill was the throat slit. I haven't done it in 30 years. An animal killed with a gunshot is basically bled out from the wounds it has suffered that killed it. mtmuley

My dad and grandpa did the same thing. I haven't in years. No difference either way as far as taste goes.

Dont need it in my opinion. Its just another contraption for some company to try and get money out of your pocket.

The only reason to cut the throat is for more ease of pulling the heart and lungs out when gutting an animal. By the time you get to an animal they will not have enough blood pressure to pump the any left over blood in their system out, so cutting the main arteries is basically a waste of time. Even butchering beef you have a very short window to cut the main arteries to bleed them out. With an archery killed animal they bleed out the internally anyway.
I think I'll pass on the electro stimulation.

You could use it to jump start your ATV.

am i the only one that had a hard time with these videos? i have been raised since a child eating 80% wild game meat compared to around 20% store bought. there is a deep sense of respect and gratefulness for the game animals i harvest. electrocuting them after harvest would be tough for me to do, all the while maintaining that level of respect? maybe it's just me i guess?

What a crock! If the meat is that offensive to you, then don't eat it! These gimmicks are so far past ridiculous it is not even funny. If you think that meat is a little too bloody, then soak it for a bit before cooking it.

Slitting the throat is an old wives take, too. When an animal is dead and has quit kicking, there will not be enough more blood pumped out to care.

As a kid, we used to butcher our own cattle. My dad would shoot the animal in the head with a .22. He would IMMEDIATELY slit the throat. The animal would lay there and kick for quite awhile. The .22 did not shock the animal enough to make the nerves stop. This pumped out substantial blood. Had he done this with a large rifle instead, the animal would not have laid there and kicked, as the shock factor is different.

If any of this stuff gives a good feeling about the meat, then use it, but I won't.

electrocuting them after harvest would be tough for me to do, all the while maintaining that level of respect? maybe it's just me i guess?

I agree that it is hard to watch, but I don't think it is disrespectful. No more disrespectful than removing the skin of a critter, cutting it into pieces, and frying its muscle tissue in bacon grease.

My mouth is watering.

I'll never use such a thing, and honestly see no need for it, but this is just humans coming up with technology that they think helps them use as much of a harvested animal as effectively as possible. As long as it is not being done for entertainment, but rather, utility, I think it is perfectly fine.

Just store it in your kit alongside your solar charger, bow-mounted camera, lighted nocks, and explosive crossbow bolt tips.

Just one more thing to put in the huge ass backpacks most of these tv hunters were while hunting. Why would you need a pack that looks like it's big enough for a month long expeditiom when they are hunting from a truck no more than a couple hours away?

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back