Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Eastern sports & Outdoor show boycott

unamusedsadbanana.gif

It is certainly a loss for "sportsman" because the Eastern Outdoor Show went full retarded, not the vendors.

Why do you hate freedom so much?

Does this scare you?
chestrig.jpg

or maybe this?
stag7.jpg

How about this?
M16A4gery2.jpg

Naive constituents scare me much worse.

I read that there is a much smaller show, sponsored by another company, in Pa. that will be the beneficiary of this boycott. Also, remember that semi-automatic rifles aren't legal for hunting in Pa.

Carrion Carrier, what's free about living in a country where the Federal Government can suddenly decide they don't like the Constitution and aren't going to abide by it any longer? Besides, other than the poll information provided by the liberal media, every other poll shows that the majority of Americans are opposed to any more restrictions on gun ownership. If you want freedom, then support the Second Amendment and stop swallowing the lies and misinformation being spread by the antis. Go out and buy at least one AR, and a dozen or so 30 round magazines and all of the ammo you can get your hands on......and if you happen to find some of that "armor piercing" ammo for legal sale, please post it on here so the rest of us can get some, you see, it's already illegal in case you didn't know it. Only law enforcement and the military are legally allowed to have it, along with real assault weapons!!!!

Glad to see all those companies and individuals taking a stand. Pleasantly surprised to see some of the names on the list that have left the show, but damn glad to see they took the stand.

Carrion,

You're right. It may be oh-so scary. And it SHOULD be. That's the POINT. The 2nd Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting or "sportsmen". It has everything to do with keeping the powers that be in check. They SHOULD be scared. They SHOULD feel uncomfortable. It's that eensy, weensy little reminder in the back of their minds what power We The People posess over the government who serve US; not the other way around.

Emrah

This is silly and a loss for the sporting community. No rational discussions on gun control. If I can't have my 30 round magazine of armor piercing ammo I'll take my ball and go home!

Once again, a loss for all of us! The more "sportsman" want to be at odds with the majority of Americans the faster support for hunting goes away.

so what do we do just lay down and do nothing? I don't have it in me. "Got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything". (Aaron Tippen)

This is so awesome to see. Historically, hunters and gun owners are the most apathetic group there is. Sure is nice to see so many banding together for the cause. It is long overdo,and hopefully wont be the last time.

Does this scare you?

Yes it does. And the MAJORITY of Americans too. Rub it in our faces. Fail to have a rational discussion.

.... see where it gets you.

A couple of rational thoughts, if the majority is scared by something because of looks, be glad we live in a country where we stand up for the rights of all, including minority rights.

How would gun homicide rates improve beyond their current rates (~50% decline in gun homicides over the past 20 years) if semi-automatic rifles were banned or outlawed?

If semi-automatic rifles are banned, would criminal not resort to a pistol such as the VT shooter?

Would focusing on improving education and economic opportunities in areas with high violent crime rates reduce crime?

Not scared...no, jealous, very much so. Wish I could afford what you have just lying around. What I do have is a very good .45 and the skills to use it. I have several semi auto hunting rifles that, well, I would rather be hit by the .223 then my other rifles. I am also proficient with a shotgun and if you want silent, I am proficient with my archery gear out to 80 yards. I have owned "assault" weapons in the past and plan to again. I am trained in self defense as well as being a hunter for over 40 years. I have carried loaded handguns into my bank, malls, several other public places that my conceal carry permit allows. The only person that should fear me is criminals.

This is so awesome to see. Historically, hunters and gun owners are the most apathetic group there is. Sure is nice to see so many banding together for the cause. It is long overdo,and hopefully wont be the last time.

NOT only gun owners and gun hunters....BUT all hunters and outdoorsmen and women are coming out in support. Nice to ALL of us in support for this.

good luck to all
the dog

NOT only gun owners and gun hunters....BUT all hunters and outdoorsmen and women are coming out in support. Nice to ALL of us in support for this.

good luck to all
the dog

Well said, I just wish they could have come up with an alternate venue.

Lots of the small business and outfitters are going to take a big hit over this political action.

When I am in one of my Blacktail deer spots and I step around a manzinita, and see someone in full Camo with an AR, My heart rate goes through the roof and I hope it is the CAMP commandos rather than a marijuana grower with a twitchy trigger finger.

Here I am, a gun owner, and life long hunter and even my first thought is that black guns are scary looking. Now I know that it's the guy behind the gun. But given the choice between a stranger with a model 70 and one with an AR, my gut is going to TRUST the Bolt action guy, while I think the AR fella could be Randy Weaver from Ruby Ridge...

TACTICAL weapons have a PR problem that they need to come to grips with. When the police use them, they are kicking down doors-SCARY. When a pot grower shoots 30 rounds over your head, SCARY...Black guns MENACING....Shock and awe..

I don't want to see any new gun or ammunition legislation. Unfortunately appearances dictates first impressions. It is hard to win the hearts and minds of naive people who only see the object in news clips of SWAT teams and drug dealer shootouts.

The closest metaphor I can think of is:

If you have a NASCAR Stock car with straight pipes at the stoplight next to me in town, I'm going to assume you are going to burn rubber when the light changes. You tell me that it has all the SMOG stuff under the hood but, I can't tell just from looking.

Or...

I know your Pit bull is a gentle dog who plays with your kids, but why did you cut his ears the way the dog fighters do?

Or ....

I know she is a nice straight A student, but she is dressed like a High dollar Hooker....

Jim Zumbo got his ass handed to him for saying this sort of thing and I think the firearms industry missed his point that the perception in the general public was not good.

I wish I had a way to educate every anti gunner, but I don't.

I tend to agree with rocky but they do come in a multitude of colors now. Would you be scared of the pink one if you came around the corner?

Last edited:
I tend to agree with rocky but they do come in a multitude of colors now. Would you scared of the pink you I you came around the corner?

If I dropped a Quarter....I would sure think twice about picking it up!

Spot on Rocky, I don't know of anyone hunting blacktails here in CA that wouldn't have the same reaction when coming face to face with a guy with an AR v. bolt action.

It is going to be a hard hurdle, but just like hunting wolves the message needs to be clear and focused and not filled with vitriol and rhetoric.

I would love to hunt B Zone here in CA for bucks and bruins, but it doesn't take much effort out there to come across a grow. You only hope it's some burnt our hippies and not the cartel.

I just read about the vendors backing out after getting an email from a friend. I applaud their decisions. I'm a little surprised but I like the fact that some are forgoing financial gain for making a stand for our rights. I read that Reed is a UK company. What a mess they got themselves into.

Wow about the celebrities backing out and good for them.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back