Droid vs IPhone

mrmedora

We'll it just happened to me. The dreaded "I lost my phone" issue. I'd call it a problem, but it's been 2 hours and the world is still revolving. Anyway, my old one was an iPhone and am wondering if I should stick with the apple or switch to the droid platform. Open to any and all comments.
PS. IF anyone sees a black iPhone with a black otter box on a random off ramp on I94 east of Jamestown ND, LET ME KNOW;)

Scott

I keep my feet on both planets. I have an adroid phone and an iPad. What it comes down to is, do you want to repurchase your apps from Google or not? Other than that they function about the same at the end user. I've been happy with android, my wife prefers her iPhone. While I have no problem with my iPad, when you put an iPhone in my hand I struggle with the single button. I hope you get lucky and someone finds your phone.

I have the iPhone 4s. Old school now. Been asking same question. What next?

My daughter and son-in-law both recently switched to both recently switched to droids after years of iPhones. He is computer "geek" and says the droids have much more functionality and apps maybe more available.

I'm switching from the i5 to the Samsung when the 6 is available...hopefully April 2015.

Time for a Blackberry! Great phones! And different than what the norm is going with...plus you are supporting your Canadian friends! Seriously, check them out!! :)

I'm far from tech savvy but like my droid better than my wife's iPhone just because of the app availibility.

-Dan

I had droid for a few years, just past 2 for the iphone.
Droids work well for guys that use them as a gps or know just enough to be dangerous and like to mod the OS.
If all you're doing is calling, texting, and surfing HuntTalk, Iphone is straight forward simple.

You will gets many different responses, i think its like comparing a Ford to a Chevy. Depends what you are used to using and your preferences.

I asked the same from guys who had both so I knew I was getting a good opinion. They all had the I-phone through work and a droid for personal. All of them said they would get the Droid if they were to have just one phone. So I went droid.

Question is whether supporting an open market for apps... or that one dictated by the apple mark.

Droid / other open market supported units are my choice.

Galaxy S4 and above models for me. Way more control and with an app like Backcountry Navigator adding a 64gb sd card is nice. Iphones are great too, my wife loves hers but since I want to add/subtract data and have full control over my phone the android is best. I can easily transfer hunting video footage (action cam), trail cam pics, etc to mine and view in the field even if I'm packed in for a week. Plus it's a great gps with a variety of maps/public land overlays- all for $10 bucks.

Can't go wrong with either phone though.

Last edited:
My iPhone 6 is as easy to use as it gets. Extremely simple, compatible with everything now days, great camera features that the older iPhones don't have. If you don't play games or do anything fancy with your phone all of that tech mumbo jumbo that the competitors advertise will be useless for you.

Kansasdad, good point regarding FaceTime. With my daughters fight with Cancer, FaceTime keeps our family connected. I think not having it is a "deal breaker".
Thanks to everyone for the awesome insight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back