Yeti GOBOX Collection

Draftstud's Bad Luck

noharleyyet

Recieved a voice message from John this afternoon. He and his hunt partner's home sustained tornado damage (last night I assume) so they took their elk tags to the local game officials and headed back to Louisiana today.

...wishing them a safe return and hope the damage isn't too bad.

Damn, sorry to hear about that.

Like Harley said, wishing them safe return and that all is fine when they get home.

Bad deal. Sorry John.

Man, sorry to hear that. Hope all is well with their families. The house can be fixed.

Draftstud... Have a safe trip home and hope things are not too bad. Property is replacable, family and friends are not, hope all your loved ones are safe!

Spoke with John last night as he was still in New Mexico trying to make Amarillo. Everyone is safe and he agrees that 'things' are replaceable. He should be back in Shreveport soon if not already.

First, Thanks for the Good Thoughts. As Ken said a Tornado or High Wind swept through our area late Thursday afternoon. I had spoken with my wife that mid morning and she said it was raining at the rate of 3" per hour. Wes and I went and set up camp next to the Wilderness area north of Pagosa Springs and there was no cell service. Saturday Morning we saddled up the horses and led them to the Creek for water. While there we talked to a group who informed us of the storms. Drove up to where we could talk with family. Through the in and outs of service we learned of the damage to our homes. Mine was a little over stated by a wife who wanted her family together, I will not blame her for that. Branches turned into Trees and a panel lifted up by the wind turned into a flooded shop. Wes really had a problem in that he has his parents living next door on the same well and the electricity was out and he need to rig up something to get his Alzhimer father back to a "Normal" life. He had a tree fall towards his house, luckily it hung up in another tree.
As I write this the flooding is still continuing in our area and subdivisions are being evacuaded. The Tornado or High Wind blew a large church steple onto a man in his car! My senior Draftsman said when he left the building the wind and rain were blowing so hard he had to duck back into the building to avoid a Flying street sing coming down the alley. Tags are pieces of paper that can be purchased each season, families too precious to allow them to worry like they were. I know we made the right decision. Thanks to all. John

John, Glad to hear everything is alright. Good luck with everything. I'll keep you in mind when and if I get my elk. I'll send some meat your way if you'd like. Keep us posted on how everything is going and if you need anything.

Good to hear there's no permanent damage.
It really sucks that you have to miss out on the hunt, but it looks like you have the right attitude about it to not let it be that big of a deal.

John...sorry I must have missed this originally.
Good to hear you and your family are safe and you were able to get back to them in their time of concern. You're right, tags are paper and they are always available...another opportunity will be just around the corner for you. My best to you!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back