PEAX Equipment

DIY or Semi Guided

jsg

Thinking of planning a DIY or semi guided Bear hunt....I would prefer spot and stalk...any suggestions on states or outfitters that offer this any help for this ol boy in WI would be great!

I would be bowhuning and terrain and miles don't bother thats most of the fun....

Thanks ahead of time,
JSG

Tags are easy to come by in Idaho... a lot of land to hunt also. N Minnesota is closer to home though - spot and stalk would be a tough order.

I'd say Montana since they don't allow baiting or dogs so you would not be at a disadvantage in that sense. Doing a spot and stalk bear hunt with a bow is going to be extremely difficult. Propably have a better sucess rate with a bow sitting over bait. Which then I would say try Wyoming. If you don't have time to get a permit and do your own bait there are some fairly inexpensive hunts in Wyoming that would give you a much better success rate.

Thanks guys....I appreciate all the help thus far...this seems to be a great forum

Idaho and Western Montana are both great. Find clearcuts in the spring and catch the bears feeding on the new grass in the evenings.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back