Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

DIY or Semi Guided

jsg

Thinking of planning a DIY or semi guided Bear hunt....I would prefer spot and stalk...any suggestions on states or outfitters that offer this any help for this ol boy in WI would be great!

I would be bowhuning and terrain and miles don't bother thats most of the fun....

Thanks ahead of time,
JSG

Tags are easy to come by in Idaho... a lot of land to hunt also. N Minnesota is closer to home though - spot and stalk would be a tough order.

I'd say Montana since they don't allow baiting or dogs so you would not be at a disadvantage in that sense. Doing a spot and stalk bear hunt with a bow is going to be extremely difficult. Propably have a better sucess rate with a bow sitting over bait. Which then I would say try Wyoming. If you don't have time to get a permit and do your own bait there are some fairly inexpensive hunts in Wyoming that would give you a much better success rate.

Thanks guys....I appreciate all the help thus far...this seems to be a great forum

Idaho and Western Montana are both great. Find clearcuts in the spring and catch the bears feeding on the new grass in the evenings.

Back