Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

DAV moose hunt...WOOHOO!!!!!

I got the call of a lifetime yesterday morning. I was selected for a DAV moose hunt in Idaho this fall. I can't thank Bryan (@brymoore) for setting me up with IWF and getting me sponsored into this. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. The biggest thing I've killed was a couple of cow elk. This is all new to me and I'm still trying to come to terms with it and starting logistics. We'll be in unit 73. Does anyone have info on the area, such at rutting dates and butchers in the area or anyone who lives near wanting to stop in camp for a beer? Would I be better off hunting the rut or waiting until after deer season? Ugh....so much to think about and take in and plan....
CONGRATS!
Idaho has a great way program for disabled vets...all states should have such a program to honor them.
Nonresident disabled American veterans may be eligible for reduced fees for licenses and tags. 3-day fishing license, $31.75, allows the nonresident disabled veteran to purchase reduced fee nonresident DAV tags for deer $23.75, elk $39.75, bear $23.75

Congratulations, John. Sounds like you are going to have lots of help, and it is great that your Dad is going with you.

If you get your bull during the rut, don't be surprised if he smells like tomcat piss. Took us a while to figure out quite what the smell was like. Moose in November smell nicer, and the bees don't seem to help with the processing as much:)

Thank you for your service and sacrifice John and have lots of fun on your hunt.

I don't know where to look for this info..... Is there any decent fishing in the area? Even if it's just a creek I can use my 2wt flyrod for some brookies. I'm not above slinging spinners or power bait either ;)

I don't know where to look for this info..... Is there any decent fishing in the area? Even if it's just a creek I can use my 2wt flyrod for some brookies. I'm not above slinging spinners or power bait either ;)
There aren't really any good creeks close by. Most of the fishing in the area is on reservoirs.

Congratulations. Thank you for your service?
Do they make midget moose in Idaho?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back