Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

DAV moose hunt...WOOHOO!!!!!

Update: We have a google group started that we are adding guys to. There's a call into the biologist with some good info. Question....is there anywhere in Pocatello to rent 4 wheelers or UTVs? Is there anyone in the area who would rent one to me? I have a UTV secured thanks to a HTer, but we're going to need a few more.

Update: We have a google group started that we are adding guys to. There's a call into the biologist with some good info. Question....is there anywhere in Pocatello to rent 4 wheelers or UTVs? Is there anyone in the area who would rent one to me? I have a UTV secured thanks to a HTer, but we're going to need a few more.
You go John!

How are you going to memorialize this hunt? Pictures in an album? Video? Diary? Start now and follow through. You won't regret it.

I got the call of a lifetime yesterday morning. I was selected for a DAV moose hunt in Idaho this fall. I can't thank Bryan (@brymoore) for setting me up with IWF and getting me sponsored into this. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. The biggest thing I've killed was a couple of cow elk. This is all new to me and I'm still trying to come to terms with it and starting logistics. We'll be in unit 73. Does anyone have info on the area, such at rutting dates and butchers in the area or anyone who lives near wanting to stop in camp for a beer? Would I be better off hunting the rut or waiting until after deer season? Ugh....so much to think about and take in and plan....
Congrats John, great programs some folks put together for veterans.

I got no advice for ya aside from enjoy the experience.

I got the call of a lifetime yesterday morning. I was selected for a DAV moose hunt in Idaho this fall. I can't thank Bryan (@brymoore) for setting me up with IWF and getting me sponsored into this. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. The biggest thing I've killed was a couple of cow elk. This is all new to me and I'm still trying to come to terms with it and starting logistics. We'll be in unit 73. Does anyone have info on the area, such at rutting dates and butchers in the area or anyone who lives near wanting to stop in camp for a beer? Would I be better off hunting the rut or waiting until after deer season? Ugh....so much to think about and take in and plan....

Hunt and enjoy every moment, because this is probably a once in a lifetime hunt. Drink it in. The story will be the whole process; from your service to the grill and wall. God Bless you and thank you for your service.

Last edited:
Sport Motors rents 4 seater UTVs in town. I believe it’s a little over $100 a day but they come with a trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back