DAV moose hunt...WOOHOO!!!!!

You need to cue in the bear hunt crew maybe a bunch of us can make it this fall and adventure with you
Awesome news Cush!!! Congrats! And as Grant mentioned keep us updated, I may be able to slide over for a few days if it's in Sept.

I got the call of a lifetime yesterday morning. I was selected for a DAV moose hunt in Idaho this fall. I can't thank Bryan (@brymoore) for setting me up with IWF and getting me sponsored into this. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. The biggest thing I've killed was a couple of cow elk. This is all new to me and I'm still trying to come to terms with it and starting logistics. We'll be in unit 73. Does anyone have info on the area, such at rutting dates and butchers in the area or anyone who lives near wanting to stop in camp for a beer? Would I be better off hunting the rut or waiting until after deer season? Ugh....so much to think about and take in and plan....
Welcome to Hunttalk!

I’m happy for ya! I can’t wait to follow along!

Hell yes John, that's awesome. I'd love to help if I'm able. Until then, I'm gonna light this candle for you and wish you good luck.

View attachment 215097
I think that campfire story included a Taco Bell drive thru and midget pole dancers, if I'm not mistaken. It could have been the moose drool / cold smoke that creatively fogged my memory.

@JohnCushman , well respected and a fantastic gent to receive this opportunity! Thanks for being you. Within HT, you're our Welcome Ambassador, our HT camp bear "Zzzz" deterrent, campfire greatest story teller, and a top friend. Wish you the best! Look forward to your writeup and pics! Wish I could join your camp.

Best HT news of recent! Thank @brymoore . Quality action there!

So awesome! Good luck buddy. Can’t wait to read the tales of this adventure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back