Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Dad's buck

Lawnboy

My dad has been putting in for years in a couple different limited draw areas in the state and finally drew one this year. He was all excited and we spent a few trips scouting in the summer with the horses and saw a few good bucks. As the season came he went over early and saw very little but with the recent pounding of snow the animals moved down and started showing up. He went back last week and ended up missing a couple bucks and having trouble with his gun. I told him Sunday I'd run over to hunt Monday and Tuesday and see if find one. He was going to use my gun though:D We spotted a real good buck(175-180) in the morning but he was just on to some private. We had spotted this one with 3 others harassing some does in the Mahoganies in the morning. Finding deer in Mahogany is like looking at a "Where's Waldo" page. After spending the day looking for better ones we didn't see any. He said this one will do so we went back and found them back feeding for the evening. It wasn't the monster he had hoped for and I'm not sure many "monsters" even exists in this unit but in the end he was happy. I can see his desire is still there to hunt and climb but his eyesight and legs are not what they used to be. It's kind of sad but I guess he's still trying and it's all part of life. Dang not looking forward to it.

dad.jpg

Looks like a great buck and great time in the hills. I hear what your saying about your dad and getting in the hills. Mine turned 70 this fall but still killed a 6 pt bull dogging em through the dark timber like he loves. I hope there's still a few bulls in his future. I hope theres many bulls and bicks in your dad's future as well. My dad would have shot the first buck he found just so he could pull the boat to the lake and fish..........:eek:
Congrats again.
-Cade

For a guy your Dad's age. dealing with the complications of diabetes, he does amazingly well. Very happy for him and happy you were there with him. Congrats.

Congrats! Enjoy the heck out of those times. I'd give anything for one more day hunting with my dad.

Congrats to your dad on a great looking buck. I hope the truck was downhill, looking at that photo I think you could give that buck a nudge and he'd be tobogganing to the bottom. I'm sure the hunt together was the real trophy for both of you. My dad hasn't hunted in many years, but hunting with my sons is my favorite thing to do, just watching them is funner than doing the shooting myself ........... or maybe we just haven't come across anything big enough that I was shoving them out of the way so I could shoot.:D

Back