Crested Butte camping management changes

This certainly isn't the only place in Colorado seeing an increase in use, but the number of hikers/campers in the area is mind blowing in some drainages... I'm not surprised to see proposed changes.
Thanks for the info Oak

Its only a matter of time until dispersed camping in Colorado is a thing of the past. Luckily for hunters, I imagine most plans will be Memorial Day to Labor Day, but that's only a guess.

Had to make a wag at the offset on Kebler, but this is the zone that will be off limits. I hope like @vanish said that it's just memorial to labor day, either way it will make hunting/scouting in a huge slice of unit 55 impossible.

1566234258477.png

To be honest the summer traffic and impact in these areas is massive. I think one solution could be a permitted system for dispersed camping, and tag holders for early season/high country hunts sheep and deer getting a permit with their tag automatically. I think it's a little crazy that this isn't already the case for conundrum.

Yikes! I'm sure this will have a ripple effect throughout the rest of the state as well. It is amazing how many people are out recreating these days. Just about every time I've been backpacking I have found all sorts of waste. From wrappers, etc to human waste that isn't buried and toilet paper is everywhere. Lovin' it to death...

Back