Yeti GOBOX Collection

Crested Butte camping management changes

This certainly isn't the only place in Colorado seeing an increase in use, but the number of hikers/campers in the area is mind blowing in some drainages... I'm not surprised to see proposed changes.
Thanks for the info Oak

Its only a matter of time until dispersed camping in Colorado is a thing of the past. Luckily for hunters, I imagine most plans will be Memorial Day to Labor Day, but that's only a guess.

Had to make a wag at the offset on Kebler, but this is the zone that will be off limits. I hope like @vanish said that it's just memorial to labor day, either way it will make hunting/scouting in a huge slice of unit 55 impossible.

1566234258477.png

To be honest the summer traffic and impact in these areas is massive. I think one solution could be a permitted system for dispersed camping, and tag holders for early season/high country hunts sheep and deer getting a permit with their tag automatically. I think it's a little crazy that this isn't already the case for conundrum.

Yikes! I'm sure this will have a ripple effect throughout the rest of the state as well. It is amazing how many people are out recreating these days. Just about every time I've been backpacking I have found all sorts of waste. From wrappers, etc to human waste that isn't buried and toilet paper is everywhere. Lovin' it to death...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back