CPW director on leave after complaint of racist comment

I guess I missed this when it was first posted. Wish I would have missed it all together.

It is about time for me to pull an ole Homer Simpson for awhile, or at least be much more selective about the threads I am browsing.

The selective outrage on some of these topics by certain posters that is directed at certain subsets of people that may or may not be on the same team or have favored status with those certain posters, while people on the “right” side get a free pass, is pretty disheartening.

That list of demands that was posted was disgusting. Honestly surprised it didn’t receive cheers from some here…

On the bright side, I got turned on to this book that arrived today through Hunt Talk so…tradeoffs.

033C2C05-AEA3-4475-9E2B-FE1C83E43303.jpeg

Last edited:
image000000.jpgimage000000 (1).jpg

These were sent to me from a co worker. I believe they were posted on other forums (one looks like monster muleys maybe?). Probably warranted that she is also on administrative leave.

View attachment 223154View attachment 223156

These were sent to me from a co worker. I believe they were posted on other forums (one looks like monster muleys maybe?). Probably warranted that she is also on administrative leave.
I am not convinced Ms. Lee posted the 2nd one. Even someone w a castle full of axes to grind would realize anything on social media will be held against them. I remain a supporter of Director Prenzlow, based on the personal experiences w him I noted above. Maybe this hate works in his favor. You could not force me to navigate such shark-infested waters. Which I hope did not become a racist term while I was otherwise occupied.

I am not convinced Ms. Lee posted the 2nd one. Even someone w a castle full of axes to grind would realize anything on social media will be held against them. I remain a supporter of Director Prenzlow, based on the personal experiences w him I noted above. Maybe this hate works in his favor. You could not force me to navigate such shark-infested waters. Which I hope did not become a racist term while I was otherwise occupied.
My understanding is that these were letters sent from her to Dan Prenzlow and Dan Gates respectively. Somehow they have made it out into the public.

I am not convinced Ms. Lee posted the 2nd one. Even someone w a castle full of axes to grind would realize anything on social media will be held against them.

I'd bet money she did, as a shining example of a person with no forethought about what the repercussions of her actions are. Social media is the wrong place to air grievances like that, always. She could've had an adult conversation in private with Mr. Prenzlow after his comment to discuss why it may have been considered offensive and moved on, making everybody better for it...but she didn't. Instead, she has done irreversible damage to everybody involved in this ugly situation, to include herself, and sadly this situation will live in eternity on the internet and every future employer will see it.

Some key sentences from that article:

"A separate investigation...into...Alease “Aloe” Lee, found that race-based, expletive-laced statements she made in response to Prenzlow, and regarding conference participant and Colorado Wildlife Council Chair Dan Gates, also likely violated state or agency policy."

"Investigators into Lee interviewed 19 witnesses, and none provided an example of Gates exhibiting race-based behavior, according to the investigators’ report."

From my point of view, the investigator thought Prenzlow was guilty before she even started. She offered no other explanation for the phrase "back of the bus" than the racist one, even though a simple google search will give you lots of options, including, as Prenzlow probably intended it as "the cool kids sit in the back of the bus." There's even a song to that effect.

Ms Lee played the race card in the worst possible way and still 'won' by taking down an old white guy and getting her 15 minutes of fame.

Investigations law group LCC 😂 😂 😂
Is that a real thing?
Rita needs to give her online investigators degree back if she can’t find meaning to the term “back of the bus” beyond Jim crow era segregationist.
Crazy.

Is that a real thing?
Rita needs to give her online investigators degree back if she can’t find meaning to the term “back of the bus” beyond Jim crow era segregationist.
Crazy.

I think her take is that given the context of whom it was said to, it makes sense for someone of color to take it in a derogatory manner. In this instance, it seems the offended was looking for the excuse, and this was it, per Ken's post. It was a gaffe by the director, who should have been more thoughtful. Intent on his part becomes secondary in today's climate.

Seems like he tried to fix it though. I would likely have made the same decision as Prenslow, given 37 years on the job and a give-a-shitter that likely just flat out busted on this.

I think her take is that given the context of whom it was said to, it makes sense for someone of color to take it in a derogatory manner. In this instance, it seems the offended was looking for the excuse, and this was it, per Ken's post. It was a gaffe by the director, who should have been more thoughtful. Intent on his part becomes secondary in today's climate.

Seems like he tried to fix it though. I would likely have made the same decision as Prenslow, given 37 years on the job and a give-a-shitter that likely just flat out busted on this.
I just think that’s bs.
In this particular instance there’s to many I the known uses of that phrase.
Aloe is a know racist, of course she’s gonna throw the race card any chance she gets.
This guys reputation and life’s work is permanently tarnished because of an accusation from a crazy person.

Last edited:
Is that a real thing?
Crazy.

They don't look real diverse or inclusive despite their token white guy (my assumption, pronouns not listed).

This guys reputation and life’s work is permanently tarnished because of an causation from a crazy person.

Welcome to the adult world.

First Time James Franco GIF - First Time James Franco James - Discover &  Share GIFs

Can somebody define “good ole boy” atmosphere to me?
How can that be a term used in an official investigation of a state agency?

One thing from the article is 100% accurate from my perspective, and it's bolded below. Not sure Prenzlow would disagree.

Rita also found that over half of the individuals investigators interviewed described problems around issues of equity at Parks and Wildlife, including a “good ole boy” atmosphere, a lack of commitment around EDI by Prenzlow, and fear of retaliation for speaking up and other concerns.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back