Yeti GOBOX Collection

CPW director on leave after complaint of racist comment

so why is he bailing on washington? because he can't stand how it's falling apart or because he sees a kindred spirit in the CPW commission?

i kid, sorta.

i'd like to know more about him.

My pessimistic side says no way they didn't hire some woke yes man. Hope I'm wrong. Does anyone even know if he hunts?

i'm always pessimistic, so i feel ya.

now, i sincerely mean this in a non politically antagonizing or left versus right way, nor am i trying to start something, just a very serious observation is all: given the DEI push and what's happened in the last year i'm actually surprised it's yet another older white guy

now, i sincerely mean this in a non politically antagonizing or left versus right way, nor am i trying to start something, just a very serious observation is all: given the DEI push and what's happened in the last year i'm actually surprised it's yet another older white guy
Wolf in sheep's clothing. Pun super intended 🤣🤣.

So, straight white males make up about 29% of the US population. I am pretty sure they are not getting less that 29% of the managerial jobs out there. But when they do, I will happily join you in expressing such concerns.

Gov. Jared Polis said: “Jeff Davis brings the values and skills we need to lead Colorado Parks and Wildlife

That man's a enemy to hunters, hunting, and the north American model of conservation if he's for him I doubt it's good for hunter's.

Can't even find his age yet dosen't look that old. Also for what it's worth @VikingsGuy no mention of straight or not.

So, straight white males make up about 29% of the US population. I am pretty sure they are not getting less that 29% of the managerial jobs out there. But when they do, I will happily join you in expressing such concerns.

Beating surprised doesn’t mean I’m concerned

My pessimistic side says no way they didn't hire some woke yes man. Hope I'm wrong. Does anyone even know if he hunts?
according to this quote he is a lifelong hunter: "Also, as a lifelong hunter, angler, and outdoor enthusiast, I am also excited to explore a new corner of the West and enjoy Colorado’s unparalleled outdoor recreation and hunting and fishing opportunities."

Listed hunting first... so that's good, right?

Also could give two shits whether he is straight, does that really matter?

Beating surprised doesn’t mean I’m concerned
You are reading my point too literally. I am commenting about the general perception by some that somehow white males are the new victims (my words not yours), which I think appears to underlie a comment like, "given the DEI push and what's happened in the last year I'm actually surprised it's yet another older white guy". It implies that any other demographic hire would have been based on merely DEI grounds.

according to this quote he is a lifelong hunter: "Also, as a lifelong hunter, angler, and outdoor enthusiast, I am also excited to explore a new corner of the West and enjoy Colorado’s unparalleled outdoor recreation and hunting and fishing opportunities."

Listed hunting first... so that's good, right?

Also could give two shits whether he is straight, does that really matter?
Not at all @TOGIE said old white guy didn't bring up straight or not. Then @VikingsGuy said straight was just throwing it out that I don't know that to be true. I'll give everyone a chance could care less which way he swings I will judge him by his actions. Just very leery about anyone Polis would support.

At the end of the day, if this man hunts AND *hopefully* he left Washington because he sees the direction they are going (should be able to see how he voted on some things, no?) then this is a win for Colorado.

I have no issue with DEI efforts, I only have issues where DEI takes precedence over sounds science and reasonable attempts at inclusion.

Also throughout the press release it talks about how he likes to hunt and fish, and those are both in his comments and in comments from others.

To go a bit further, if you go to this page on the WA G&F site... NONE of the bios for these people talk about hunting or fishing. So I take it as a good sign that he felt comfortable saying that here. Lets hope I am right

At the end of the day, if this man hunts AND *hopefully* he left Washington because he sees the direction they are going (should be able to see how he voted on some things, no?) then this is a win for Colorado.

I have no issue with DEI efforts, I only have issues where DEI takes precedence over sounds science and reasonable attempts at inclusion.

Also throughout the press release it talks about how he likes to hunt and fish, and those are both in his comments and in comments from others.

To go a bit further, if you go to this page on the WA G&F site... NONE of the bios for these people talk about hunting or fishing. So I take it as a good sign that he felt comfortable saying that here. Lets hope I am right
Most of the articles I found just wanted to focus on why the old director was fired. Good to hear he hunts.

He's probably about 45. Sounds like he has exactly 20 years of WA PERS service credit, making his exit from that state's retirement system feasible.

#2-3 guy in WA bags the #1 job in CO - Good for him! He's going to be working with numbers with a lot more zeroes than he is used to.

It implies that any other demographic hire would have been based on merely DEI grounds.

i think the other way of wording what i said is i would not be surprised by the subvert act of hiring a new director based at least in some non insignificant part on merely DEI grounds. i would be so not surprised by that given the current climate over there at the upper echelons of DNR that's almost surprising that's not what happened.

now, generally, these DNR division directors do have to apply for the jobs though and actually get interviewed by teams of people that make recommendations, there's not as much "appointing" going on as one might be led to believe, in most cases, at least....

just let me wear my tin foil hat for once gawddamit ;)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back