CPW director on leave after complaint of racist comment

It's amazing how well a "hey, what did you mean with that comment the other day? I wasn't sure how to take that " works. 90% of the issues we face in life can be handled with a minimum of drama. This situation is exhibit A. Both parties wound up damaged, because two people can't have an honest face to face chat about it.
Workplace culture issues don't get solved by putting the other party on blast on social media.

One thing from the article is 100% accurate from my perspective, and it's bolded below. Not sure Prenzlow would disagree.
Fear of retaliation from who? Everyone @ CPW has the same boss, rolly Polis. Prenzlow told me he felt that scrutiny from the gov mansion.

I hate to see the Director to leave under these circumstances, he impressed me as committed to wildlife and savvy about the politics within the agency. Until this brouhaha. If I see Dan I will encourage him to find an advocacy role in wildlife orgs. I will also thank him for his career of service, which means much more than the cloud it ended under.

Last edited:
I guess he got a dall sheep hunt out of it so that’s not that bad.
Aloe got 75k and for the rest of her life will be prob be vetted out of the hiring pool for any real jobs for being a complete idiot.

“big wood grouse group” =
“good ole boys network”
Pretty sure there’s a good ole boys network on this forum come to think of it. 🤔

It's an exclusive club to be sure. You have to show up when invited.

How do you get invited you say? Ask someone, but use the special handshake & wink. There's a sequence that will has coded on a spreadsheet that nobody looks at somewhere.

The Good old boy network, as it was explained to me by actual members of the GOB club, is where the nuts get cut & the deals get made. it's a great place to be, and it's bear when you're out.

"The state agreed with both Lee and Prenzlow to provide a neutral job reference for any future employers, saying they resigned for “personal reasons.”"

Yeah, like a 'future employer' won't perform a 2-second Google search and turn up the facts, good grief 🤦‍♂️

"The state agreed with both Lee and Prenzlow to provide a neutral job reference for any future employers, saying they resigned for “personal reasons.”"

Yeah, like a 'future employer' won't perform a 2-second Google search and turn up the facts, good grief 🤦‍♂️

Let's keep this thread going so it's the first thing that pops up on google.

No public announcement yet. A pleasant surprise…someone from the leadership team of another western state wildlife agency. I’m sure there will be something public soon.
Hopefully someone that is pro-hunting, understands wildlife biology and can inform/steer our clueless commissioners to make intelligent decisions.

No public announcement yet. A pleasant surprise…someone from the leadership team of another western state wildlife agency. I’m sure there will be something public soon.
Haven’t seen anything public on this yet, but the Commission will be voting next week to confirm the selection of Jeff Davis, current Director of Conservation Policy at WDFW, as the next CPW director.

Anyone else find it even a little humorous that the old head was fired for racist comments and the new possible head has the same name as the president of the Confederate States of America? Or is that just me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back