Corona virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vice President Pence on Sunday offered assurances that the administration has a handle on the crisis and that the threat to most Americans is low. He said that the Trump administration is leading an aggressive, whole-of-government response to the coronavirus and pointed to the president’s order to restrict travel from China as key to keeping Americans safe.

Hey, the fox is in the hen house.

Okay, lock the door and we'll all be okay.

Done.

I’m at the clinic and the lady sitting across from me is coughing without covering her mouth 🤒

FWIW the mortality rate is much higher for older people. For most people the rate is less than 1%, which is still pretty high.

I'm in SW Montana, I don't think there are any known cases nearby, but I had a health screening recently - cholesterol, liver enzymes, and what have you. They sure are pushing the don't touch your face and wash your hands 28 times a day. Seems the medical community is pretty keyed up over it.

The real issue is the shortage of medical products that come from China. Many of the factories there are idle due to workers staying home or the corporate entities shutting them down proactively for safety concerns. That, coupled with hoarding of products here domestically has caused many common items like surgical masks, gowns, glove to become scarce. All of these items are on allocation from the manufactures. The next issue will be drugs. Many pharmaceuticals are also made in China and those plants are down too. There is already talk among healthcare providers around postponing elective surgery's to preserve products. While many believe the disease to be a blip on the radar, a global shortage of common medical necessities take months to recover from.

Pretty sure we are all going to die from it.

Better do the things you know you need to in order to die with no ragrets.😉

I already had a nasty head cold flu bug this winter and I don’t usually get sick.
Seems to me like the best strategy is isolation of known cases, cleanliness and good health habits to avoid all viruses as much as possible, and development of a vaccine for the most at risk. Pretty much what is already being done.

I seems as some no lead shooters won't be happy unless it does become a pandemic.

The issue is it's new, no vaccine, the annual flu vaccine doesn't have it. The good side is they are aware and people are taking steps, also we are coming to the tail end of flu season when the flu naturally dies out.

It has a higher death rate, but lower infection rate, for now.

Companies and cancelling international events, I have 3 people who work for me (high tech/software) who were supposed to be in conferences next week, both conferences have been cancelled. My company has also put a stop to international travel and domestic on a true as needed basis (yeah I am not flying to Boston next week!)

I have a European River cruise planned for first week of June, I am planning on being on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back