Colorado Wolves

Thanks John !

I guess Oak, who magically changed his reply after I quoted it, and ElkStalker don't feel they needed extra help and only wanted CO folks(and Randy of course) trying to help. How about next time you state you don't want anyone else other than CO folks helping. I go out of my way to try to help and get emails sent and I get treated like a POS. Well thank you very much Oak and ES for the thank you's for trying to help.

Dude, I don't know what your point is or where you get that we don't want help. I edited my reply because I thought I must have initially misunderstood what you were saying. Maybe not. Thanks for your help, or not.

You were talking about Colorado when you said this?

Quote:

"I said without hunters and tourist he would not have much of a state."

With as much revenue that the CPW depends on from NR hunters, plus the local businesses that depend on hunter's dollars...plus the tourist dollars from our new 'industry' and skiers and people who want to see pretty mountains...he's pretty much close to being right. Dude, you've done nothing lately but give people shit about what they want to hunt, how they want to hunt, where they want to hunt, if they want to hunt and on and on. I don't know what drew you out of hiatus, but you should stick to guessing elk ages from the size of their balls and let people be. If Rooster doesn't want to hunt, then that's his choice. If someone else wants to do a guided hunt to fill their freezer and let someone else do the back breaking work, then so be it. If MN want to help like you asked for the help, then thank him for the help. You want to be a mountain man so much, then get off the internet and go flesh some hides.

Last edited:
Not sure where things got off track, but let's get it back on track. All who can, please comment on this. All of us will be well served if you do.

Please send your emails to the CPW at

[email protected]

This is an important step in delaying or prohibiting the reintroduction. The pro-wolf people are all over this. We need the help of hunters!

Original version: NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission affirms its support of the Wolf Working Group’s recommendations adopted by the Wildlife Commission in May 2005 and hereby opposes any introduction of Mexican or intentional reintroduction of gray wolves in the State of Colorado.

Alternative Version 1: NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission affirms its support of the Wolf Working Group’s recommendations adopted by the Wildlife Commission in May 2005, recommends that Mexican wolf recovery efforts be confined to the subspecies’ historic range, and emphasizes the importance of bi-national recovery planning with Mexico.

Alternative Version 2: NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission affirms its support of the Wolf Working Group’s recommendations adopted by the Wildlife Commission in May 2005, opposes the intentional release of any wolves into Colorado, recommends that Mexican wolf recovery efforts be confined to the subspecies’ historic range, and emphasizes the importance of bi- national recovery planning with Mexico.

[email protected]

JC......I've known Rooster for years. I also don't tell anybody how to hunt. I just say how I hunt and some guys like you think i'm telling someone else how to do it. If you really read my posts you see me saying many times I don't care how anybody else does it. You have a selective memory.

When someone says we wouldn't have much of a state without them I say something. You should too.

I don't need to ask questions on forum. I post to shoot the bull and help with answer when I can. My success rate is pretty high, so my answer should have some value if you're not the sensitive type who pick apart everything I say.

You and some others here remind me why I post mostly on traditional muzzleloader forums. We don't have all this petty crap.

Later. ( probably not)

Last edited:
Just sent my comments in now. I'll try and get a few family members to write a message.

If anyone here (including all the non-members viewing this webpage daily) ever want to hunt Colorado, whether it be elk, deer, moose or any large game, I suggest you take 5 minutes of your time and write a quick email stating your opposition. Really, it's very simple guys.

A lot of people ask how they can get involved in the politics of the hunting world, well here is an easy one.

JC......I've known Rooster for years. I also don't tell anybody how to hunt. I just say how I hunt and some guys like you think i'm telling someone else how to do it. If you really read my posts you see me saying many times I don't care how anybody else does it. You have a selective memory.

When someone says we wouldn't have much of a state without them I say something. You should too.

I don't need to ask questions on forum. I post to shoot the bull and help with answer when I can. My success rate is pretty high, so my answer should have some value if you're not the sensitive type who pick apart everything I say.

You and some others here remind me why I post mostly on traditional muzzleloader forums. We don't have all this petty crap.

Later. ( probably not)
You know what they say about the door not hitting you when you leave Like you said, we'll do fine without you. Adios. mtmuley

I have my wife, both my parents, and about 30 other people that I know sending in comments the last couple of days. Hopefully it does some good. I have some friends back East that thought wolves were beautiful and majestic, which they are, but after long talks in group chats and telling them about how things happened in Montana and what stands to happen, they saw how thing could be. They also wish to come hunt CO in the future, so that helped. Also, a few videos of wolves cornering elk in water and starting to eat them alive helped..propaganda, perhaps? :D

Last edited:

Thanks for the article, Oak. The wolf reintroduction folks sort of baffle me. I think they'd find more willing partners at the state level if they actually believed in state wildlife management. However, we all know that they'll oppose state management at every turn. And they'll use the opportunity to raise big cash in the process. So... forgive me, Mr. Jones, if I find your pleas for cooperation a little disingenuous.

Kudos to the guy for recognizing that they don't pay their share, though. :)

Where is this survey at?

"People with other interests don't get heard, even though wildlife watchers outnumber and outspend hunters nationwide, according to a 2011 U.S. Fish and Wildlife survey of money spent on equipment, tags, permits, food, and lodging by hunters, anglers and wildlife-watchers".

Can this issue end up going to a state vote like the bear hunting did to where DPW loses control entirely over it?

No.

Streaming live audio of today's meeting is available by clicking this link and scrolling to the audio link at the bottom of the page. The meeting with the State Land Board has already begun, if you want to test the link.

I just tuned in...what just happened.. any talk of the hunting on all state trust lands?

The meeting was primarily an overview of each agency (CPW and SLB), their missions, funding sources, and how they work together. The other primary topic was renewal of the CPW lease on the Colorado State Forest State Park. There was no discussion about the pending legislation.

Back