Colorado - Grizzly - Adam Greentree

Grizzlies in Colorado

• Yes

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 78 73.6%

• Total voters

AvidIndoorsman

I heard about Adam Greentree claiming to have seen a grizzly in CO a while back, the topic came up again in a conversation with a buddy who had screen captured these pictures from Greentree's instagram. Apparently this is the bear in question... what do you all think? I think it looks just like the black bear I killed in Idaho a few years ago...

greentree1.jpg
greentree2.jpg

my bear

mybear.jpg

Do I think its possible that there are Grizz in CO? Yes, I think its possible. But, that isn't a grizz in the photo.

I saw a color phase bear in northern new mexico that looked almost identical to that. Had him within 10 feet of my blind. Looked like a grizzly to me in the moment but once the adrenaline wore off, rationality prevailed.

At the Meateater Denver Podcast, Cody Lujan stated without question he saw a grizzly in Northern CO. I think the Steamboat Springs area but not sure on that. The bear in that photo does look like a grizz but its impossible to say for sure.

My thought.. a grizzly in the photo, but photo not taken in Colorado. That would just be my uneducated guess, not trying to throw any shade at this Greentree guy.

Thats a brown bear!! No question. Only other question is where were those pictures taken. Either way, it's just a matter of time here in Colorado!!

Great looking black bear, wllm!! How big was he?

Last edited:
Head looks like a griz. Hump looks odds for a grizzly though. I think that is a definitely a sasquatch looking down a gopher hole. A side view with it's head up would help.

Gonna go against the flow. Based soley on what I see in the pic, I'd be looking to notch my tag on a massive chocolate black bear. The darker chocolate legs and uniform lighter colored back all scream black bear to me.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back