Colorado - Grizzly - Adam Greentree

Grizzlies in Colorado

• Yes

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 63.6%

• Total voters

wllm1313

I heard about Adam Greentree claiming to have seen a grizzly in CO a while back, the topic came up again in a conversation with a buddy who had screen captured these pictures from Greentree's instagram. Apparently this is the bear in question... what do you all think? I think it looks just like the black bear I killed in Idaho a few years ago...

greentree1.jpg
greentree2.jpg

my bear

mybear.jpg

HighDesertSage

That looks like a giant color phased black bear. I think with the amount of hunters, mountain bikers, hikers, roaded access, and trail cameras we have in CO, we would know if we had grizzlies.

icebreaker12

Do I think its possible that there are Grizz in CO? Yes, I think its possible. But, that isn't a grizz in the photo.

Rzrbck918

I saw a color phase bear in northern new mexico that looked almost identical to that. Had him within 10 feet of my blind. Looked like a grizzly to me in the moment but once the adrenaline wore off, rationality prevailed.

nrpate05

At the Meateater Denver Podcast, Cody Lujan stated without question he saw a grizzly in Northern CO. I think the Steamboat Springs area but not sure on that. The bear in that photo does look like a grizz but its impossible to say for sure.

LCH

My thought.. a grizzly in the photo, but photo not taken in Colorado. That would just be my uneducated guess, not trying to throw any shade at this Greentree guy.

JohnCushman

In the one picture it looks like there's a hump on it's back over the shoulders like a grizz has. There are wolves in Colorado, so a grizz isn't too much of a stretch.

Colorado kid

Thats a brown bear!! No question. Only other question is where were those pictures taken. Either way, it's just a matter of time here in Colorado!!

Great looking black bear, wllm!! How big was he?

Last edited:

Zach

Possibly a hybrid?

According to Adam's followers there are Brown/Grizzly in CO. I'd like to see him say what general area.

Pelican

Head looks like a griz. Hump looks odds for a grizzly though. I think that is a definitely a sasquatch looking down a gopher hole. A side view with it's head up would help.

Gerald Martin

Gonna go against the flow. Based soley on what I see in the pic, I'd be looking to notch my tag on a massive chocolate black bear. The darker chocolate legs and uniform lighter colored back all scream black bear to me.