Colorado Bull Story (a bunch of bull about a Bull)

Congrats to you Randy on an awesome bull. The antlers on the wall will remind you of the ordeal of packing him out everytime you look at them.
As these magnificent animals get pushed further into the roughest country there is it really does require that we are willing to hunt where nobody else wants to pack one out from.
As for the stick in the eye I can relate to that for sure. I wear glasses and always wear a ball cap and still have managed to get stuck in the eye. My glasses have saved me numerous times though.

Last edited:
Randy -

You and your team always work your tail off to produce great content and this is no exception. That is a fantastic CO bull especially considering the weather! Congrats to you and Marcus...you earned that one without question.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. I think one of the things often lost in hunting stories is the immense work that has to happen after the trigger is pulled. My dad always said that once the trigger is pulled, the fun stops and the work begins. Sounds like you guys put in some serious work. Congrats again.

Great story (and shooting) Randy! I just returned from a third season CO deer hunt and had the exact same weather. The deer were tucked away by 8 A.M. and started feeding between 3:30 and 4:00. The full moon didn't help matters either. In the end, we, like yourself were successful as well although we were a bit luckier and shot both are bucks on fairly flat ground and somewhat close to the road. Congrats on a successful and grueling hunt!

Nice recap. So, having experienced both, is the pack out better than a sharp stick in the eye?

That looks like a Grade A shithole to me. Good work.

Nice job Randy on a tough hunt, great looking bull. I've spent some time in 61, great country, and as you now know has some nasty hell holes. You earned that one!

Love your hard work and story. I was feeling several of my packs out with every word. Took me right back to the glorious pain! It is always worth it.

Awesome bull and a great story as a side dish. I don't know if I'd have the courage (or lack the brains) to shoot a bull in a spot like that, but I doubt I'd have any help packing him out if I did. lol. Hope your eye is ok - glad you took us along on another hunt.

In regards to your eye....Id be willing to fly in and do a no charge consult. All it would cost would be to take me on a hunt next year......and maybe a tour of the "boneyard" haha. I think you would be getting a bargain. Hope all turns out well.

Excellent story and a great bull.
I know how you feel about the oak brush, I hunt with my brother for 3 days each year in that crap and after 2 days I'm ready to leave.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back