PEAX Equipment

Colorado Bull Story (a bunch of bull about a Bull)

Another story superbly told. Great photos and a beautiful bull. Congrats again.

Incredible effort rewarded. Congratulations! Thank you for taking the time to put together this great recap. It was awesome. Like being there...without the poked eye, oak brush battle, and sore muscles.

Thanks for sharing and great bull. That was fun to read and sounds like a unique area. That bull must be up there with some of your best bulls?

Great story. Brutal pack out that I could no longer do but like reading about. How does that bull rank in your personal collection?

Awesome story and photos. I like that photo of you leaning on your trekking poles experiencing the suffering we're all chasing after. Thanks and congrats!

Congratulations Randy! Awesome bull and great write up!

Remember - you're younger today than you will ever be again for the rest of your life! Better to die trying!! :)

So now that it's over would you have had more fun going on 3 or 4 more Colorado elk hunts vs. waiting 19 years for a tag?

So now that it's over would you have had more fun going on 3 or 4 more Colorado elk hunts vs. waiting 19 years for a tag?

Easy answer - Give me 3 or 4 hunts on other units, versus one hunt in 19 years. That's not a complaint against this unit, just that I prefer to hunt more often. And, I'm not hung up on big bulls as much as I am the experience gained by hunting more often, in more places, in different conditions/seasons.

I did not purposefully accumulate 19 points. Colorado seasons just never fit my schedule, so each year I would buy a point knowing that someday I would use them. Finally, I realized the foolishness of that strategy and just blocked out the calendar for the Colorado dates.

Helluva a great on your own adventure Randy, congrats on a well deserved big bull! Note: you don't pay your camera men enough :) Also I do have some pack goats that would have been happy to help :)
Matt

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back