Colorado 3rd season Deer...

Big Slick

We decided to sit out the opening weekend of the pumpkin patch in the area we are heading to. Leaving in the morning and the best part is that the weather is moving in on Thursday. Hope all have a great season and get the animal that they dream of. Andy

I got a muley tag for third in my pocket as well. I opted to skip the opener too, especially with this weather moving in the last 4 days should be good. Good luck out there!.

Thanks, John, Garret! We were suppose to get some weather, rain-snow. I hope it helps our cause, then again I guess it can't hurt. Andy

I'll be out chasing muleys in Colorado at the end of this week as well. Could only arrange 4 days to get it done. I'm hopeful this weather will keep the bucks on the move. Going to be chilly camping weather though it looks like. Good luck to all.

I'll be out chasing muleys in Colorado at the end of this week as well. Could only arrange 4 days to get it done. I'm hopeful this weather will keep the bucks on the move. Going to be chilly camping weather though it looks like. Good luck to all.

Yep......it's going to be chilly alright. I've got firewood in the truck for the stove in the tent, I just hope it's enough to get us through. Good luck to you! Andy

I went out with my bro and niece last weekend (opening) in GMU 191.
Two words: Windy, and HOT!
Tons of does, but only one buck. My niece had him in the crosshairs at 50 yds, then got buck fever and forgot to release the safety on the rifle! Ah well. We've all been there. It was the first time she had one in the crosshairs, so I understand.
Didn't mean she didn't get razzed about it for the next couple of days, though.

I'm thinking about going out again on Friday as well. Weather is supposed to cool down considerably, with a little snow thrown in.
Best wishes to you other hunters.

--Dana

I haven't gotten a text with anything dead in a picture yet :D I think it's because we didn't meet up to give Andy the Genessee Cream Ale I got him in NY this past summer :D

Yep......it's going to be chilly alright. I've got firewood in the truck for the stove in the tent, I just hope it's enough to get us through. Good luck to you! Andy

Wood? Tent? I thought you had a nice big heated trailer for hunting now? LOL

Wood? Tent? I thought you had a nice big heated trailer for hunting now? LOL

I haven't gotten a text with anything dead in a picture yet :D I think it's because we didn't meet up to give Andy the Genessee Cream Ale I got him in NY this past summer :D

We are suppose to get hammered with snow tonight and tomorrow. Might be lucky if we don't get snowed in.

Is it a pumkin patch as it was second season opener, or did you miss the crowd going midweek?

There are quite a few pumpkins around but the snow and cold has sent a bunch of them packing for warmer weather. We did see elk tonight but couldn't get on them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back