Charging sow

Lol.

Better clueless cantaloupe getting bluff charged, tho, than one of the tourists with biggest-hand-cannon-they-could-find on belt (and usually not a can of bear spray in sight) I sometimes see in the park.
A buddy and me ran into two dudes near the mouth of Hellroaring a few years back who were on a five day backcountry trip and toting some friggin’ tacticool pump action 12ga along on their whole trip. No sling or nothing. You could’ve told me there was a bear behind every bush and I still wouldn’t have schlepped that goofy assed thing around for five days.

I admit it, I laughed a little.
Does that make me a bad person?
Is Greenhorn the bad person and I am just a victim?
Does Greenhorn like being the bad person and we are all victims?
Are we all bad persons because we clicked on a Greenhorn post knowing full well the risk we are taking?
So many questions.
Should I get therapy?

Post number 9 in yesterdays music thread.

If you listen to it all the way through, those 4th graders get to "pictures of grizzles', plus moose, buffalo and porcupine's in their song.

Randy ask me not to start any conversations about politics, religion, or Disco music. He didn't specially mention the human body, but since he deleted a thread featuring a male, or part of one anyway, I think I will pass, on passing judgement on how others look, ----- male or female.

Unless, of course, it is describing something that is, or was, easy on the eyes, like a young Paul , Steve, or Elvis and to be fair to my male counterparts, Bridget, Marilyn, or Rachael ;)

this
I think April, or actually 44hunter45, makes a good point. The 4th graders from Wyoming are raised around these animals and have been taught things like, how quickly they can move, and how dangerous they are.

The lady was in my opinion stunned and froze before she realized the danger she was in. We see it often from people who, just want a closer picture, think they can out run them, arrogant, lack of knowledge and/or common sense. A polar bear walking through town is not a family pet out for an evening stroll. Things I have seen or heard is amazing. As long as we stay in the water the bear can not get us, right? when fishing. Bears only eat berries, so if we dont bother him he wont bother us. One fellow said he knew how to handle bears in the wild because he watched the movie "The Edge".

When I was in New York, I was told, dont walk in central park at night, dont be polite when trying to get a cab, We are all somewhat vulnerable when out of our element, but I continue to be amazed by people that dont understand that wild animals are wild and dangerous. "Oh look at the baby bear or moose" without thinking about the instincts of the mother bear or moose to protect their baby from what they perceive as a threat.

Glad her and her friend are o.k. and hope they gained a bit of knowledge, without stitches, or worse

and this
Yep. Spandex leaves little to the imagination. Too much information. What I don't get is why the gals get so upset about us making sexist remarks when they wear clothes like that. Isn't the intention to peak some male hormone arousal response? So why get upset when we verbalize it? How many guys do you see running around with leotards on showing off their manliness bulges? Instead they're wearing skinny high-water jeans with pixie pointed shoes. What could be any more sexually unarrousable than that? At least we can say we're taking the moral high ground when it comes to attire.

and the purpose of the crotch stuffer, tight t-shirts showing off biceps, open shirts showing off the chest, toupee's ???

My grandfather says that when I am not going out to a social function in a dress, that I dress in what he calls the Annie Hall style. I do it because it is comfortable. But there are men who ask, what are you hiding? Small Boobs ?, ugly legs ? flat butt ? or even, are you the male part of a relationship?

Men I dont know make sexual comments when I am dressed like Annie Hall or Kim Bassinger. But we bring it on ourselves ?

I admit it, I laughed a little.
Does that make me a bad person?
Is Greenhorn the bad person and I am just a victim?
Does Greenhorn like being the bad person and we are all victims?
Are we all bad persons because we clicked on a Greenhorn post knowing full well the risk we are taking?
So many questions.
Should I get therapy?
Greenhorn is definately suspect.
Went over to his house for ONE beer...turned in to a "few" more.;)

this

and this

and the purpose of the crotch stuffer, tight t-shirts showing off biceps, open shirts showing off the chest, toupee's ???

My grandfather says that when I am not going out to a social function in a dress, that I dress in what he calls the Annie Hall style. I do it because it is comfortable. But there are men who ask, what are you hiding? Small Boobs ?, ugly legs ? flat butt ? or even, are you the male part of a relationship?

Men I dont know make sexual comments when I am dressed like Annie Hall or Kim Bassinger. But we bring it on ourselves ?
Randi: Crotch stuffing is, as far as I can tell, mostly limited to the gay community. Those folks march to their own tune which is okay I guess. And they catch hell for it, the same as anyone who swims against the current. A price they are willing to pay it seems. Note that I DO NOT drift with or swim against ANY current.

As to the muscle shirt thing: that style ship seems to have sailed out of port several decades ago. Yes, there's still a few adherents, especially in the biker crowd, and too many, like the gal in the grizzly video, don't have anything but poor taste to show off. However, you have to admit the spandex pants thing with gals has gone much further overboard than the guys' muscle shirt business ever did. I mean, just take a stroll through Walmart. How many ladies of ANY age or physical dimension do you see who ARE NOT wearing that skin tight stuff? My hat's off to you for using clothing to emphasize your tastefulness, self-respect, and preference to be unique. Two years ago while shopping for groceries in Havre, MT Albertsons store I was almost knocked over at the sight of a 35-ish Hutterite gal who walked around the corner of my aisle. What a beauty! It was hard not to stare. No makeup and wearing usual plain long not very brightly coloured dress. But she was a natural beauty, petite, and neat as a pin. What's not to like? Gave me some incentive to brush up on my German. Too bad I couldn't wash away thirty years of hard living wrinkles or maybe I would have given it a shot. Sigh!

Back