Caribou Gear

Charging sow

Always keep a harpoon ready, you never know when you will find a beached whale...

F77AB524-C984-4B75-BFF0-BE364EADAA30.jpeg

In all fairness, I have seen posted images of many members on here who are on the porky side. And quite a few of way over the side. Some of you shouldn't be throwing stones ... except at mirrors.

Note that I made no comment about the gal's bulkiness, rather about the general trend for girls exposing themselves with skintight pants.

I think April, or actually 44hunter45, makes a good point. The 4th graders from Wyoming are raised around these animals and have been taught things like, how quickly they can move, and how dangerous they are.

The lady was in my opinion stunned and froze before she realized the danger she was in. We see it often from people who, just want a closer picture, think they can out run them, arrogant, lack of knowledge and/or common sense. A polar bear walking through town is not a family pet out for an evening stroll. Things I have seen or heard is amazing. As long as we stay in the water the bear can not get us, right? when fishing. Bears only eat berries, so if we dont bother him he wont bother us. One fellow said he knew how to handle bears in the wild because he watched the movie "The Edge".

When I was in New York, I was told, dont walk in central park at night, dont be polite when trying to get a cab, We are all somewhat vulnerable when out of our element, but I continue to be amazed by people that dont understand that wild animals are wild and dangerous. "Oh look at the baby bear or moose" without thinking about the instincts of the mother bear or moose to protect their baby from what they perceive as a threat.

Glad her and her friend are o.k. and hope they gained a bit of knowledge, without stitches, or worse

In all fairness why should that make a difference?
Generally assumed a sow grizz would be super pissed if a black bear of such monstrous proportions was near her Cubs. I’ve never had the stones to ask one, so I just assumed.

Wasn't going to say much,having 4 sisters & being a thin sensitive kinda guy...lol,but total missed opportunity on bears part. Prime pickin's.
Some yoga toggs belong in Target,on the rack still.
Just like sports toggs belong on players & walls & camo in a closet.

OK here we go. Skinny pants weren’t enough. Next fad we’ll see is “men” in camo yoga pants out hunting our secret spots with 6.5 Creedmores and man buns.
Nope, gotta shoot a PRC to pull of Yoga pants. I’ll have to up the Mountain Ops so I can keep hammering more.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back