Cecil the Lion

I have a tough time getting my dander up at any manufactured crisis.

Can we all agree that killing Cecil was probably illegal, unethical and certainly unneeded from a PR perspective within the hunting community? Especially by a poacher with a history of canned hunts and illegally harvested game?

He may be the 2nd biggest DB on earth - but who really knows based on what you read online.

I mean, come on.. he skinned and decapitated that thing, even killed an elk and endangered Nevada bighorn, and a whole assortment of other things I read.

What I do know is that safari clowns are even more fun to ridicule than crossbow shooters and smoke-polers.

He may be the 2nd biggest DB on earth - but who really knows based on what you read online.

I mean, come on.. he skinned and decapitated that thing, even killed an elk and endangered Nevada bighorn, and a whole assortment of other things I read.

What I do know is that safari clowns are even more fun to ridicule than crossbow shooters and smoke-polers.

I am on your side with this. He's the kind of guy who brags up a penned hunt. His PH's seem to be cut from the same cloth. Hopefully the authorities can come to a conclusion and either charge everyone involved or let it go.

Either way, the guy seriously gives us all a black eye.

I learned two things:
Greenhorn has flower beds
What "gtfo" means.

I love Gore's internet.

Well, add that google searches for Kim Kardashian peak around midnight every night. Bet you didn't need to know that. :D

It is a bit silly what people think is important these days... I think that is what GH is getting at.

Ben - I don't believe a thing the press says about this type of story until weeks after the fact so I'll agree to nothing ;)

Well, add that google searches for Kim Kardashian peak around midnight every night. Bet you didn't need to know that. :D

It is a bit silly what people think is important these days... I think that is what GH is getting at.

Ben - I don't believe a thing the press says about this type of story until weeks after the fact so I'll agree to nothing ;)

I never thought I'd see the day when you defended a dentist. :D

In the almost unbelievable event there are no charges brought against the dentist, there won't be much on the internet about that part.
cat.jpg

What this guy wouldn't give for Blake and Miranda to reconcile....or kill each other.

I never thought I'd see the day when you defended a dentist. :D

Actually I have refused to read any news story on this. It's all agenda driven noise about something that is inconsequential in the bigger picture. We get wildlife violations 10 times worse and nobody cares.

Actually I have refused to read any news story on this. It's all agenda driven noise about something that is inconsequential in the bigger picture. We get wildlife violations 10 times worse and nobody cares.

Problem is, we have a lot more than 30,000 elk, etc. Lions is rare and getting rarer. Although I prefer mine medium well due to diseases.

Problem is, we have a lot more than 30,000 elk, etc. Lions is rare and getting rarer. Although I prefer mine medium well due to diseases.

Outlaw lion hunting in Zim and in a decade there will be none. With 80% unemployment in a severely corrupt system the only thing giving value to the Lions is hunting. Hunting is paying the way for conservation of these animals not eco terrorism, I mean tourism.

I think a lot of smoke needs to clear first, I have seen a lot of conflicting information.

And as much as it's not my cup of tea these acts reported as criminal are legal in Zim.

Baiting, killing an animal and dragging a scent trail to blind
Using artificial light and hunting at night

There are a lot of questions I don't believe have been answered on permits and their system is nothing remotely like ours so I will reserve judgment on that.

The park boundaries are not defined nor marked but that is the ph's responsibility to know. If indeed they did drag the bait through the park do we know if that is illegal.
Would we consider calling an elk across property lines unethical?

I have some 2nd hand knowledge of this ph. A very good friend lion hunted with him and his hunt was 180 degrees different than this one. From what they tell me he is a successful well respected ph and couldn't see him doing this but as well know money can corrupt and in the corrupt world of Zim where bribery is everyday life then maybe he succumbed to it. Not an excuse but maybe a by-product of Zim.

I was also told he has plenty of lions and has even had to relocate lions off his concessions because of the population was hurting his Sable population.

But, it is suspicious they only mention one ph when 2 licensed ph's are required on all dangerous game hunts. I also noticed DSC and SCI have taken a stance against the ph. (What do they know)

Anyway, if he/ they are guilty then hopefully they will get their due but I will hold my judgment for now.

What I despise is the social media/uninformed media public execution.

It bugs me when these couch slugs are so outraged by this but dead silent on chopping up babies and selling off the parts.

Hunting is not popular to the US public as a whole. Hence the stink about the lion. So if we have more public land that ends up being governed by the US populous, then you can kiss hunting goodbye on public lands...not good for hunters.

Hunting is not popular to the US public as a whole. Hence the stink about the lion. So if we have more public land that ends up being governed by the US populous, then you can kiss hunting goodbye on public lands...not good for hunters.

Sounds like s guy with a ranch to hunt.

Evidently there isn't much for news in the last couple days for this to be getting so much attention. If the lion didn't have a name, nothing would have been said. As for it leaving the security of the area he lived, critters walk off of properties where they could be safe only to be hunted legally on the neighboring property, it happens.

If the guy "hunted" the lion, I support him. If he "poached" the lion, I don't support him. There are more pressing issues going on to waste my time concerned about this one.

I am just glad that Cecil replaces Brady in the hyper focus by media dickwads.:D

Go Greenhorn, always entertaining,.....but seriously,...flower beds? Betcha got an arsenal of in-lines out in that garden shed.

Not to also mention Iran getting nukes from our politicians..... Yea both suck but what one is really the worry of the average Kardashian watching honey boo boo's?? Just think what might have happened in the media if the lion was transgender.

Attachments

• joker.jpg
    joker.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:

Actually support for hunting has risen in recent years and with the foodies (typically liberal) joining the ranks your straw man argument doesn't really pass muster. Guys like Rinella, Hank Shaw, Michael Pollen, Tovar Cerulli and Lily Raf Mcaulou who have taken to the TV, blogosphere and pen have futher garnered support for hunting. Contrast that against the privatization of public land, the imposition of tresspassing fees and loss of "free" access you can kiss hunting, as a whole good-bye. It will be reserved only for the well heeled, tweed wearing elite.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back