PEAX Equipment

Carl Ross ... Let's hear it

Guess this one's worthy of a post.

Had some perfect hunting conditions this Saturday, and with some luck was able to capitalize on a nice elk. My luck wasn't all good though, as I didn't get to him till 10:30 or 11:00 at night. (long story short, despite good results in the past, I'm retiring the use of A-Max's on elk) It was chilly too, I heard -10, and by the time I made it back to my truck I had frostbite on a few toes. It looks like they're going to be alright, but it made the pack out on Sunday a lot less fun, as I ended up walking on the outside of my foot trying to favor the sensitive toes. Good thing it was pretty short, as elk packs go.

A couple pictures:

P1020097.JPG

P1020103.JPG

P1020073.JPG

Big thanks to Matt and Charlie, for coming through with some sound intel.

Great looking bull. Congrats!

Toes heal (or fall off). Glory is forever. ;)

Very well done Carl! We gotta get some breakfast after the season and you can tell me the story.

Great bull, Carl. Congrats. Knowing how you hunt, I am sure it was brutal work to get him back to the truck. Glad to hear the toes will be OK.

I really hate people from Montana this time of year when the big bulls start hitting the dirt every year:D

Awesome , awesome bull.

I'd blame the frostbite on the bar's fried chicken. Congrats again, he'll look great in the house.

I really hate people from Montana this time of year when the big bulls start hitting the dirt every year:D

Awesome , awesome bull.

Agreed and I can think of at least one more that I'd like to hear the details on.

Congrats on a great bull Carl!

That is a damn awesome bull man, very happy for you......................Glad the "intel" worked out for you. No problem on the help!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back